Mental Health Forums

Who Is On Concerta Or Ritalin?

ILostHer

Purely selfsih, self indulgent question...but what happens if you drink alcohol with it?

I have Concerta 27mg in the morning and then 20mg ritalin (meth...something) at night. But I really want a drink. C is out again tonight and I will spend the evening not saying one word to anyone and I want a drink to get rid of the isolation feeling.

Hi there Christine, I'm sorry that you feel this way. I have no experience of the drugs you mention but I have looked on the web for you and the advice seems to be that you shouldn't mix alcohol until you know how the drug effects you. I would guess it is best to start with one or two drinks and see how you go. It can increase the effects of the drug which are similar to cocaine or amphetamines the internet says, as it is a stimulant, so just take it easy. I was advised to avoid alcohol completely with my mix of meds but it is hard. As long as you don't drink lots and regularly I think it should be OK if you are otherwise well on the medication. Here's a page link I found xxx

http://adhd.emedtv.com/ritalin/ritalin-and-alcohol.html

Just read up on the literature, personally it looks like a bad idea. 'One' drink might make you feel really funny, but I dunno seems really risky.

Even one of those compounds you're taking will have a pretty dodgy reaction forming, but the two...

Even though it has the potential to make you extremely high, comes with high risks

Ok, slightly more responsible feeling this evening and decided to not try and get high just to escape this head.

I am so bad, I always think the answer is to take something that will alter my mind state. And drugs or alcohol always feel so much more useful that prescription drugs.

It's why I am on this type of med in the first place. Argh.

OrangeLamp, I read your post. Thinking of you and hope you feel a bit better than you did last night xx

Archived