Mental Health Forums

Been Invited Out

donnam

as title says really, went out for meal today for chinese new year, and when i came home. i had a text message saying would you like to go see abba concert, couple of other school mums going. we have to dress up, which not keen on, but i have bought an outfit so going in! and tho i cant drive to newcastle, too scared the girls said not to worry, they would get me there :masked:

i have not been invited out in years! and while i will be petrified, prob take diazepam to control my nerves around all the ppl etc, dont like big crowds and know paranoia will set in, about lossing them etc, i am going to get there! i am going to do it!

oh and yay i got a new phone, that will hopefully keep battery power better! hubby setting it up :masked:

First instance, dont take the diazepam. You dont need it you went out and they invited you out for a second time. second instance you are going to see abba.

Third instance i thhink you will be more liked than you think you are.

ginger

thanks everyone.

ordered my fancy dress! think i will be comfortable wearing it, (wanted top and trousers, not cat suit type, as would feel exposed if needed loo) and handed over money for tickets today, sure girls i am going with will look after me, tho will try and keep anxieties to myself, but they know i have mh, and that i was in psych hosp in sept/oct!

new phone is fab too! but only using in house atm, using old one outside, as i have not got my protective cover yet for new one, and i am clumsy, and i can guarentee, without a cover i will drop and damage it!

turns out, i was only invited cos they had a spare ticket, not quite sure how to take that, given ten of us going, maybe i was only one they could think of

((((((cad)))))) I wouldnt be very happy either if i found out that but i'm sure they still chose you ahead of lots of other people. they could have returned the ticket to the box office or someone could have brought a friend or family member or just kept the spare ticket and not asked anyone at all

I hope you still have a good time xxx

thanks emma,

i tried to think that too, as i know another mum we chat too they could have asked but asked me instead, just wish they had thought of me from the start, but maybe they will next time, oh and one of the mums said to another, "you should see Cads outfit" in a nice way

not until 11th feb, outfit came today, hubby thinks looks a bit flimsy but will be fine, but have to use a safety pin hidden at the top, so my boobs dont fall out! i was going to stitch it but worried about if stitches came out!

have ordered a clutch bag now too, so can dance without putting bag on the floor, also has a strap so can use normal bag too

Archived