Mental Health Forums

Therapeutic Earnings

Roses

Hi there, I have been contacted by our local team for about 6 months-year now but been too ill to take part. My husband and I are already planning on attending a 2 hour forum beginning of Feb from which we would get our travel expenses paid. These are MH service user/carer led forums about different aspects of the service.

Today I have been contacted by one of the heads about taking part in an exciting new project. My local hell pit of a MH ward is being replaced by a shiny new one and they want one male and one female service user with recent experience to take part in the building of this £20 million project. I am told it is paid work but will not affect my benefits and so far they have got as far as a blank sheet!!! Woo hoo, I'm going to hopefully get in on the ground and tell those muuter fluuters what is what around here. Please all wish me luck. The other great thing is I was praying to God this morning to have more faith in God and then I get this call from out of the blue. I feel well and truly blessed. Especially seeing as Mike has been unemployed since last August and although it is not a proper amount of money all helps at the moment. Feel like wooping for joy! xxx

absolutely awesome both in he fact that it is helpful to get some money coming in but also because the nature of the project lets you really do something thats lasting and meaningful and just plain awseome.

I know your going to make the place Rock, and its gonna be the best damn ward ever in the recorded history of mental health services :D

Well done hun

congrats

Thank you all so much for your responses. I was very, vary scared and only asked a few questions today (it was an introduction and they had a lot to get through) but from what they have said they have deisgned the "concept" and we have rough square footage and a proposed site but it is all up for discussion. They want to breate a "recovery" site which has full integration into all other facilities so will have ample room for supportive agencies and charities, proper facilities, and private and more public areas. Like the private wards but then a cafe on site that you can go to if you are inbetween ward and home. Pleasant setting and views (not frosted windows all round) and more than just a smokers corner outside (considering many of us want to go out but don't smoke), they are just listening to everything at the moment and they want this to be a leading site of progression rather than the usual stereotypical feeling of being locked up. To what extent they provide this will be seen over the coming months but at the moment it sounds positive. xxx

Thanks guys. Truth be known I'm exhausted!! I feel a real sense of achievement and if I can stick at this for a while it is a promising sign. xxx

Thank you so much Silver. Was so tired out and have no idea why, guess it's getting back on the horse. Slept part of this morning and then had an episode so lost up until 1pm but I'm sure it will get better. xxx

Thank you so much Silver. Was so tired out and have no idea why, guess it's getting back on the horse. Slept part of this morning and then had an episode so lost up until 1pm but I'm sure it will get better. xxx

Just take it steady eddy!!!

Yeah i find when i'm trying something extra to normal than can get tired sometimes, it's just the emotion of it all can be quite draining cos it's like all the excitement sucks the energy. But it'll settle out, just be careful and listen to your body. If you need to have a midmorning or afternoon nap it's no biggie (think of it like a siesta - Ariba!)

x

Ariba indeed friend! Thanks and thanks Carol. Today has been a bad day am generally sleeping worse at night last month or so and had episode that lasted pretty much most of afternoon so feeling pretty crap this evening but I'm sure it will get better if they every diagnose me x

Archived