13 members have voted

1. 1. What Should I Treat Myself To?

• Nintendo Wii
    • Nintendo 3DS
    • Sony PSP
    • Skatecycle
    • Electro-Acoustic Guitar
    • Racing Bike
    • Lots of Little Things (Blu Rays, CDs, Books, etc.)

As it currently stands I haven't smoked for 86 days and have "saved" £545.

This all coincides with an increase in the limit on my credit card, which means I've done well at managing my account and they feel I can be trusted to keep up repayments.

With the two combined I feel like I deserve a little reward. I've discussed this with my Mum (My external conscience) and we've come to the conclusion that, considering the massive sum I've not spent on cigarettes I can justify £200 to treat myself.

Only I don't know what to get!!

Please help!!

For anyone who doesn't know what a Skatecycle is (Which is probably everyone, I didn't know until the other day) have a look at this link: http://www.firebox.c...3731/Skatecycle

With regard to the guitar I think it's worth mentionting that I already have an acoustic guitar that I can't play so almost never pick it up.

racing bike!! its totally what I did when I treated myself for...well still being alive!

Not regretted it since :), shes sat in my hallway now looking shiny. Going out at the weekend on it, and keeping fit while riding a pimpass bike will make you feel less shitty.

But if you do get one, check out cyclocross bikes they're awesome and not too expensive.

racing bike!! its totally what I did when I treated myself for...well still being alive!

Not regretted it since :), shes sat in my hallway now looking shiny. Going out at the weekend on it, and keeping fit while riding a pimpass bike will make you feel less shitty.

But if you do get one, check out cyclocross bikes they're awesome and not too expensive.

Thanks Orange.

If I do go for the bike it'll be a pure racer. I've already got a mountain bike for when I fancy getting a bit muddy, and I'm looking for something that I could maybe do the London to Brighton on this year........maybe...........

Argh! I'm so crap at spending money on myself!!!

I say racing bike too and congratulations on quitting smoking :) I gave them up too 8 days ago and I feel great already :)

If you go with the racing bike then it is a great way of keeping fit I think :)

I say racing bike too and congratulations on quitting smoking :) I gave them up too 8 days ago and I feel great already :)

Heeeey! Well done you!! Just remember how good you feel about it now when the cravings come. They CAN be beaten, and quite easily at that!!!

Yeah, my thinking was I should really treat myself to something that's going to be an added benefit to my health........but I dunno.......there's just so much stuff I want!!

Congratulations for both not smoking and saving the money up, so you can treat yourself.

What will make you the happiest? What will you get the most benefit out of. If nothing comes to mind, keep saving. Buy yourself a little treat and save up more until you definitely want something. xx

Congratulations for both not smoking and saving the money up, so you can treat yourself.

What will make you the happiest? What will you get the most benefit out of. If nothing comes to mind, keep saving. Buy yourself a little treat and save up more until you definitely want something. xx

:)

Thanks HH. The thing is, there's lots I definitely want! Lol.

I'm kind of leaning towards the Wii, because I'm a big gamer, but that's got a bit of a health benefit to it as well. Not sure. Just heading out for some late window shopping to see if I can pick something.

Heres what I do. If I'm out shopping and I see something I really want, I see how I feel the next day. If I can't stop thinking about it, then I buy it. If it finds it's way out my head then I don't really need it, I just wanted it, so I don't buy it. xx

Heres what I do. If I'm out shopping and I see something I really want, I see how I feel the next day. If I can't stop thinking about it, then I buy it. If it finds it's way out my head then I don't really need it, I just wanted it, so I don't buy it. xx

Seriously good logic there HH. Trouble is......take the Skatecycle for example.......I can't stop thinking about it, keep going back to the page to look at it, drooling over it............but I'm pretty sure if I got it I'd use it a handful of times and then stick it on eBay.

I have a fairly short attention span for new toys....... =/

You should buy

BUN BUNS FOR EVERYONE :)

J/k, As a gamer myself I would go for a gaming system. Well done on the anti-schmokey achievement :)

Treats are good. Lately I have been treating myself to a lot of new clothes and things, a complete self-update. Haircut next week!

You should buy

BUN BUNS FOR EVERYONE :)

J/k, As a gamer myself I would go for a gaming system. Well done on the anti-schmokey achievement :)

Treats are good. Lately I have been treating myself to a lot of new clothes and things, a complete self-update. Haircut next week!

It's good to treat yourself every now and again right? I do struggle with it though. It always feels so wrong to spend money on myself. But the fact is, I've bloody well earned it this time!!

Was close to buying a Wii today.......but bailed. LOL.

Bloody brilliant post Bimo! When you decide what to buy, please feel very proud. Enjoy your new purchase! xxxxxxxxxxxx

:D Thanks fedup! If I ever get round to deciding on anything I'll let y'all know!

Heeeey! Well done you!! Just remember how good you feel about it now when the cravings come. They CAN be beaten, and quite easily at that!!!

Yeah, my thinking was I should really treat myself to something that's going to be an added benefit to my health........but I dunno.......there's just so much stuff I want!!

Thanks Bimo :)

Ok.......What is that you really want? If you like music then maybe CD's will be a good choice?

Did you give up smoking on your own or with the help of patches etc?

Ok.......What is that you really want? If you like music then maybe CD's will be a good choice?

On the whole I don't actually buy many CDs........I'm a bit of a naughty music thief. I tend to only buy music from bands that I'm a big follower of, but none of them have any new releases at the moment. There's a good £60 worth of Blu Rays I want though, but if I go ahead and order them, then it means that's the decision I've made and I can't get any of the other stuff, bit of an OCD thing.

As for the smoking, I'm pretty chuffed to say that I've done it all on my own. No gum, no patches, no nothing. I did buy one of those mouth sprays, but I've actually never used it........that was a waste of £17.99!! LOL. And not even a puff, not one teeny, tiny slip at all.

:D

On the whole I don't actually buy many CDs........I'm a bit of a naughty music thief. I tend to only buy music from bands that I'm a big follower of, but none of them have any new releases at the moment. There's a good £60 worth of Blu Rays I want though, but if I go ahead and order them, then it means that's the decision I've made and I can't get any of the other stuff, bit of an OCD thing.

As for the smoking, I'm pretty chuffed to say that I've done it all on my own. No gum, no patches, no nothing. I did buy one of those mouth sprays, but I've actually never used it........that was a waste of £17.99!! LOL. And not even a puff, not one teeny, tiny slip at all.

:D

Well done Bimo!

I have given up with the spray (fantastic stuff) also patches too :) Don't think I can do it on my own lol.

Hope you decide soon what you're going to treat yourself with :)

I have saved £40 already.

Well.......just to confuse matters I've added a new option into the mix!!

A new tattoo.

I don't have any ideas where or of what yet, but I know I want at least one more new tattoo and I just started having the idea of getting a Bruce Springsteen lyric tattooed on me. Going to spend the next forever listening to ALLLLLL the Bruce songs and finding just that one lyric that really resonates.......damn that's gonna be hard!!!!! LOL.

Congratulations Bimo :)

I'd probably go for buying lots of little things because the little things can give you just as much pleasure as the big things but you can buy more little things than big things which works out as more pleasure

but maybe the big things would give you more pleasure, clothes are bigger than books and i suppose i do get more pleasure from clothes because i can wear them 1000 times but i wont read most books more than once. maybe that works with gaming stuff, i dont know anything about it really but with most games they are different every time you play it but books are the same every time you read them (tho sometimes they are better the 2nd time because you pick up on more clues on whats going to happen) so i think maybe I've just talked myself out of thinking small things give just as much pleasure as big things

so idk but i hope whatever you choose brings you lots of pleasure xxx

Okay.....I think I've decided on getting a Nintendo 3DS. I love playing video games and I also love 3D stuff so I think that's what I'm going for. Mum is coming with me after work to "help" me buy it........if I go on my own I know I'll end up "umm"ing and "aaahh"ing over it and come away empty handed. I really am shit at buying myself stuff.

Edit:

Yeah, I realise by buying this I've totally ignored anything anyone else has said, but I really, really do appreciate your input guys.

It doesn't matter, as long as it is what you want and it will get used. What games are you going to buy, or are you going to get a deal where you get games with it? x

I honestly don't know HH. I'm already wavering in my decision.

I think if I DO go for it I'll get the console bundled with Super Mario Land 3D and buy The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D to go with it............if...........

I really hate my indecisiveness. I can't tell if it's a symptom of my illness, or if I'm just a fussy bastard.

I think I know where it stems from though. I think it's a fear of regret, like I'm afraid I'll regret buying whatever and it will end up having been a waste of money, which will make the guilt of spending money on myself even worse.

I'm completely the same - but usually end up either buying nothing or spending the money on stupid things!

Personally - and I'm not a gamer - I'd go with the wii. Just so many possibilities and its kinda sociable too, good fun to play with friends!

And well done on giving up - Go Bimo! Enjoy your treat, whatever it is - you deserve it!

Archived