Mental Health Forums

Psychiatrist Appointment

abee.abee1991

So today I have got my GP referal to see a psychiatrist appointment.

I am going to be as honest as I possibly can to him this time, I have wrote things down to give to him as when I go to appointment my anxiety plays up and my head shuts down.

Thing is, this note tells them I am not doing well at all. So he may mention voluntary admission, I spoke to my sister about this yesterday and she told me to think seriously about going into the hospital because you/I need to. She didnt realise I was this bad until I mentioned to her about being referred again, she even said I have done really well at covering up how I am actually feeling in front of my family.

When I was in America for 3 months, speaking to my Uncle he even said it would be good if I go in to be properly helped. I have been asked a few times now if I would go in voluntarly and I said no each time, this time I am honestly thinking to say yes because I am scared, scared what I will end up doing to myself. Last night my sister also warned my Dad this may happen and not to mention anything to me (me and Dad don't get along). I also told her the thing that has kept me going these past 2 years is my nephews, watching them grow up (Sam is 7, Jake is 3) - Sam is in year 2 and a math wizz and Jake has just started nursery and I sometimes take him to school.

My sister and I walked around to our other sisters house last night (the one who has the boys) as I wanted to see Sam just in case I do go in. I will be taking Jake to school today, and then catching the bus from there to my appointment.

I will let you know how it goes.

LBB x

I also hope it goes well for you. Maybe more intensive support in the community might be an option too? Let us know how things go..

Will be thinking of you.

It's good that you've made the decision to be completely honest with the pdoc. Afterall, it's the only way people can ever truly help us.

x x x

Archived