Mental Health Forums

The Day Has Finally Arrived!

Silverwolf

After 2 years in Art Therapy and roughly 4years this last stint in the mental health system:

Tomorrow is my last Art therapy session

and

day after that is my discharge from mh services meeting.

By no means am I cured, but I've been mainly stable for the last 6months on my current med cocktail, and it's felt that i've got enough coping strategies now to deal with the remedial symptoms that are left.

Am of course bouncing between 'shitting bricks' and quietly confident, but feel better about being discharged this time round than last time.

Guess it's time to try and toddle on me own without their support and safety net, know there will be times when i will undoubtedly fall over just like any new toddler, but am determined to get back up each time and try again.

And in a salutation to NHS acronyms:

:P

I have created an 'MOADCP'

(My Own After Discharge Care Plan)

I have included in it sections such as 'When the shit hits the fan' - how to ask for help

:D

So it's an ending and beginning for me,

time to take the stabilisers off me bike and see how i roll!

:P

Cheers Orangelamp,

just wanted to say there can be light at the end of the tunnel.

Before i started doing Art Therapy i didn't see anyway it could help me,

but it did and i was wrong

it helped me hugely.

Others may not find this with art therapy, but with, CBT, DBT, Schema therapy or the many other types that there are. But i would say give whatever you're offered a try cos you never know which one will the diamond one for you.

x

Cheers Pie :D

Yaaay go you!

Feels like we should have a graduating ceremony or summat!

Thanks hun,

yep the Rats enjoyed it too (naughty but nice)

- it's fun to see them leggin it down the stairs with crust the size of their heads! :lol:

x

Well done and good luck sweets :D xx

Cheers Cats xx :masked:

So, so, so, so, so, so, proud of you Silver!!!! xxx

Cheers Roses xxx :party:

Well had my last session today and we reviewed all my previous drawings.

Was funny as some i didn't remember or had no idea what they were about, but they did seem to be a lot going on in them and a lot of harsh pencil strokes going on.

The ones that were in my own notepad that i used to take along from during the week i remembered all of those, what time of year it was etc and what we discussed about them.

I ended up bring my ones from sessions home with me, rolled up in a tube to probably sit in the corner and gather dust, but if i left them there my T said eventually after a certain amount of time they would be destroyed so didn't really want that to happen.

Made my T a thank you card and she seemed to like it. (Was a bit unsure whether to or not cos of the whole boundaries thing but ended up thinking nah to hell with professional boundaries i'll give her a card)

Feels a bit weird today, knowing that my Mondays will be blank now wiv nuffin to do, but am hoping some new voluntary stuff i've applied for may come to fill up the space that's been left.

1 down just tomorrow to go.

x

Archived