Mental Health Forums

Said I Wouldn't Post, But.

CrippleAndStarfish

Wanted to share this.

Needed to distract yesterday, so my next door neighbour came round for a wee while. We've been talking about growing our own veg and herbs this year, but decided that split the lot between the two of us. Yesterday, we got all our seeds and assorted bits and bobs out and got the ones that can be planted earlier in the year and indoor growths sown, this is my lot on the kitchen windowsills (please excuse the mess of the worktops and the state of the outside wall - my job for tomorrow/Sunday is to repaint it) -

dscf3231a.jpg

I'm actually really excited about it. This will be my 3rd year of growing my own (although i only did a few herbs last year), but my first in my own home, where i actually have my own decent kitchen space, so will be much more likely to actually use what i'm growing!!! Every time i wander into the kitchen, i have a little smile to myself, and i really appreciate having something positive to look forward to, even if it is only a small thing.

xxx

Thats looks a lovelly lot of seeds, hopefully you will get a great crop. :masked:

Every time i wander into the kitchen, i have a little smile to myself, and i really appreciate having something positive to look forward to, even if it is only a small thing.

xxx

:cheff: Brilll

thank you for coming back to share this :) I think its great what you are doing and it must be exciting watching everything growing.

you've got a really nice kitchen :) I'd love a kitchen with big windows like that

Thats looks a lovelly lot of seeds, hopefully you will get a great crop. :masked:

Every time i wander into the kitchen, i have a little smile to myself, and i really appreciate having something positive to look forward to, even if it is only a small thing.

xxx

:cheff: Brilll

Thanks hun :) I hope so too!!

I've got 23 diff things planted there, though there'll be more herbs added once I get the rest of my shelves up on the wall opposite the window I think. I've kinda ran out of space, lol. The year before last I planted the same, and it was incredible. I couldn't have hoped for any of them to turn out better than they did.

The only difference is that last year I had strawberries and potatoes, plus a wider variety of herbs, too. This year my neighbour is growing those.

xx

thank you for coming back to share this :) I think its great what you are doing and it must be exciting watching everything growing. you've got a really nice kitchen :) I'd love a kitchen with big windows like that

Thanks sweetie. Yes, the best bit about it I think is seeing it grow, and knowing that none of that would be happening if you hadn't planted them in the first place, hadn't looked after and encouraged them. Makes me feel good, because at least that is one thing that I can get right. :)

And thankyou for saying that I have a nice kitchen. It is very big, and I do like it, but it still needs a fair amount of work doing before I'm completely satisfied with it - a lick of paint, get my blinds up, finish sorting shelving and put the rest of my canvases up, and it'll be grand :) Having such big windows is wonderful - because they're only single pane, i thought that it would be really cold in the winter, but it's actually really nice, as it holds the heat in well, and I get a lot of sunlight too so that helps. In the summer, it's amazing. Light flooding in and it's like a sauna in there! Wonderful :) It's great, because I can dance about in there while i'm cooking, have plenty of space ;)

xxx

xxx

That looks amazingly tidy (compared to the filthy and disorganised hovel that I live in). Growing plants is a nice thing to do, particularly if you get to eat them afterwards :).

That looks amazingly tidy (compared to the filthy and disorganised hovel that I live in). Growing plants is a nice thing to do, particularly if you get to eat them afterwards :).

LOL Data, it's not usually like that!! It's only this week that i've properly gutted my kitchen, reorganised cupboards, cleared and organised the workspaces and cleaned the oven. Usually, i'm a messy little sod when it comes to keeping things tidy when i'm not feeling too grand, but hopefully I'll be able to keep on top of it now. I'm certainly going to try.

xx

And, i've just realised from looking at this picture, that i've left my cuppa in there! Damn!! lol

xxx

way to go am glad you are growing your own. i live in a support hostel and we have alotments where i go twice a week. put in garlic and onions last month. :P

...edited due to bad spelling :o

way to go am glad you are growing your own. i live in a support hostel and we have alotments where i go twice a week. put in garlic and onions last month. :P

...edited due to bad spelling :o

thankyouuu :) Awesome that you're GYO too :) I love growing my own stuff. Get a sense of acheivement out of it, plus saves some pennies too. Rock on :)

xx

will get a pic of alotments when i go next tuesday n will pop on here. yea so agree about the achievement nowt like homegrown veggies 2 munch :P

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

**noms veggies**

Also

POCKET BUN :D

Bunny-in-Pocket.jpg

Soo glad you have something to sink patience and vege-lurrve into :) Apparently they taste better when you grow them yourself.

Girl after my own heart.... I enjoy growing too but don't do so much anymore although we have talked about putting some tatties and rhubarb shoots in the garden when the frost has gone. Hmmm... and got 3 sunflowers we got for Xmas grown tons (needing sticks already since Xmas) on the front windowsill but they are just something pretty for the kids. Your kitchen looks lovely by the way and why not have the cuppa there - you deserved it after all that hard work! xxx

Archived