Mental Health Forums

Do I Sack My Cpn?

catsmother21

welldone for addressing your concerns Catsm and hoping that this will make a difference and you start to get the support you require and deserve!!!! (((big hugs)) x

glad u managed to say how u felt tho and hope things get easier - tbh it sounds like you are doing all on your own anyway so bravo - well done

emo xx

I'm glad you had the chat with her. i think i know what you mean about it taking a while, sometimes i can only see the positives to start off with but after a few days the negatives can creep in.

It sounds like for now there is a point of having there because she will be there (hopefully) if you get ill again. so maybe shes more like a safety net thats there if you need her than a support but the thing about safety nets is taking them away suddenly can have a bad effect even if you never use them, not needing something and being able to cope without it being there seem like 2 different things. I hope your cpn has taken in everything and your next meeting with her goes well xxx

I like what you have written out, it shows a lot of care for your own well being and an intrest to aim for a better quality of life too.

Some professionals take the approach that they like to see you do things for yourself etc... or so they say. I can agree with that idea as long as they are encouraging and offering some credit and praise to show you, yes you have been standing on your own feet well done.

I had one T that was marvelous, every session she would help identify how to give myself a pat on the back. It has helped to have learned how to give myself credit and it does boost my self confidence and in turn increase my self esteem. I fall back into my old ways of thinking all the time, but I am more likely to challenge them with those extra tools to help me improve.

I can agree with that idea as long as they are encouraging and offering some credit and praise to show you,

Thanks Sah - as for the above, do you know she didn't say well done at all. I think that might be because she is supposed to have contacted this place and she told me that there was nothing there, so I think she knew I had caught her out and will make a point to my pdoc when I next see her that it was me that found it, just in case she goes back to the office and tells her that she found it for me. ;)

Archived