Mental Health Forums

Sweating At Night

toaster

I have been having quite bad night sweats for a while now - I wake up pouring and soaking (and stinking in the morning :blink: )

I have just done a quick google and seen that some anti-depressants can cause this. I have been on citalopram and seroquel for over a year now and the sweating started about 6 months ago.

Has anyone else had this trouble and have you found anything that helps?

I feel like a ming! :lol:

Any suggestions mucho appreciato :D xx

Hello

Not on any meds, but I get it too. Don't know anything to stop it, though here's a few thoughts:

1) Needing a pee seems to make it worse. Maybe the body sweats out some water.

2) When its bad, I get up and stick a big towel on the bed and lay on that. Also stick a T-shirt on so wet sheets dont stick to me. I have a few tees I use.

3) Room temp. Open a window a bit.

4) Seems to co-incide with bad dreams, which seem to be made worse by eating choccy or drinking coffee in the evening. So I avoid them :)

Your GP may be able to recommend some treatment - I have a mate who goes for a course of treatment every three months or so as she sweats excessively, especially at night. Not sure of the proper name though, sorry xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I sometimes sweat at night although only a couple of times has it been so severe that I have thought I had peed the bed! For me I think it is anxiety. Have 100% cotton bed linen, it can be expensive as most linens are 50% polyester and 50% cotton, buy in Sainsburys or Tesco and it is about a third of the price from the high street. Window always open a bit for me too!

Thank you rossy mctinkle bum :) I will take all that on board, especially needing a pee and bad dreams and avoiding choccie and caffeine - hmm I drink coke throughout the night or even redbull :blink: mabbes that hasta change...

It's weird because I don't feel particularly hot when I am sweating - I am just soaked! And like you, sky, I thought I have wet the bed because I am saturated :blink:

I can't really afford to buy new stuffs atm but I do have a ton of pjs already so it's all good in that department :)

If all else fails I will talk to my GP - actually, might speak to my pdoc, am seeing him [this week? hmm must check letter :lol: ) and see what he says.

Thanks guys!

This used to happen to me when I was on venlafazine, but wasn@t an issue for me with other anti depressants. It can also have other causes like the start of the menopause. Definately check with you GP or pdoc.

x

Archived