Mental Health Forums

Another Uni Post :d

toaster

I went to another university open day today - it was for the people who have been offered places :)

On my UCAS form, I marked it so it said I didn't have any illness, including mental health illness :unsure: This has been really bothering me. I was really worried that if they found out I hadn't told the truth, they would revoke my place. Also, I am entitled to extra help and support, including financial support - apparently there are grants for people who have had a traumatic start in life and have no family support.

Anyway, I spoke to the disability woman today and told her I hadn't ticked the box on the UCAS form and it was fine! She said lots of people don't disclose but it is ok that I didn't tick the box and that I am still entitled to the help!

This is a huge relief for me. I was worried about 'lying' and I was worried about my benefits and stuff.

:) xx

Glad you talked to the UCAS gal hun!! It's so much better speaking to folk face to face instead of ticking boxes, isn't it?

Coincidentally, lots of my students are just starting to get their interviews for uni and quite a few of them have been depressed, anxious and stressed out for various reasons over the last few years. I've recommended they find out what support is available to them at uni too, cos they're worth it..as are you!!

Bloody exciting this uni lark though, eh!! Well done you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah it was Carol! We saw some of the psychology labs and we had a talk. We had to walk around the town, which I hadn't banked on - I wore my new high heeled boots - I don't do well in heels at the best of times but walking around a very hilly North Wales has really taken its toll on my poor feet!

They were also giving away free subway sandwiches and cookies! :D

That sounds amazing Toast, i'm really happy it wasnt a problem and people were so nice about it and its great the extra support is available xxx

Archived