Mental Health Forums

Afternoon At The Cinema :)

catsmother21

We went to see 'The Descendants' at the cinema this afternoon.

I got a Ben & Jerry's Raspberry Brownie cone, some chocolate raisins and a huge cup of coke which we shared. :)

It wasn't a great start though because I didn't know that they were re-doing Titanic in 3-D and they showed a trailer of it and had the theme tune in full Sony Cinematic surround sound. It was one of my Dad's favourite films and we also had the instrumental of the theme tune played at his funeral and it caught me completely unawares and ended up in floods of tears.

But then we got the Pearl & Dean music and I calmed down and the film started. It was fantastic. I won't say too much just in case anyone goes to see it but it was about family roots, secrets, betrayal, tragedy and was beautifully shot on Hawaii and the surrounding islands (hubby and I have decided that we want to go and live there). It was cleverly funny :lol: and had me in floods of tears again at the end. :crying_anim:

I would definitely recommend and I'm glad that hubby and I got out and did something together. :D :masked:

Thanks Cad :) yeah it was the showcase and I can remember you saying that you were brought up just down the road - it's a pity you don't still live there. xx

Archived