Mental Health Forums

Writing Poetry

Vasquez

Hey all :)

I'm currently writing poetry for a book.

I wondered if anyone had any information about publishing?

I would love to publish it. I have a poem on my profile, and i have a lot more in a doodle book i own.

I would appreciate any help :)

Most publishing companies require that you have an agent there are about 2 who don't and many of them ocassionally do open submission competitions that allow unsigned writers to submit content to be considered,

I have a list of the names at home I could find for you,

its expensive but you can self publish if nobody wants to take your work on you can publish it yourself, of course you have to pay for everything involved in doing this and you often have to sell alot in order to make it worth while,

I know there are several avenue's you can go down, My sister is desperately trying to get her First Novel the Golden Web published and is exploring all the avenues, I'm looking into it for when mine is completely finished.

Since its Poetry your doing you Could ask Shawna how she did hers, (Shes super nice and friendly by the way)

she posted this video when her book came out, (I own her book)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdnGed1xsCs

I'm sure she'd tell you how she went about publishing hers if you sent her a message via youtube/twitter/fb.

It all depends what route you want to take and whether you want to try to make money from writing or if its just to share your expressions and feelings with others,

I write for myself for a passion but I am interested very much in sharing mine with everyone.

Archived