Mental Health Forums

Venlaflaxine Symptoms

abee.abee1991

I am getting so fed up of this stupid side effect from Venlaflaxine.

I am on 150mg at night. Everynight and it can be upto 6 before my next dose I start getting severe headaches which limit me doing a lot of things.

I know this is a withdrawel side effect of Venlaflaxine but seriously, even when I am taking the right dose the right time I still get this horrendous pain.

My CPN is taking me off my tablets one at a time because they don't seem to be working and because of the side effects from this tablet and I am freaking out to when he starts to taper me off this one because of the side effects.

Anybody else suffered with this horrible head pains, anybody know anything that can help releave the pain?

LBB x

Hi LBB, I'm not withdrawing from venlafaxine but I often get severe head aches (2-3 times per week). Are yours all the time? I take paracetamol or co-codamol for relief, usually works but occasionally doesn't. A while back I was prescribed Naproxen when I had bad headache for 3 days which wouldn't shift with either of above. Only took 1 tablet and it went! Have you tried taking 75mg split 12 hours apart to see if it makes any difference? Hope you don't suffer for too long xx

Hi LLB I have taken venlafaxine for about 2 years now, on 300mg sr, I dont get headaches but I am very aprehensive about coming off them as have heard that its shit, I have had a few days when I havent taken them and felt very wired,

maybe as everyine reacts differently this is a reaction that is individual to you, guess the best thing is to talk to gp or pdoc.

It can be horrible for side effects. And coming off venlafaxine can be awful - but it isn't for everyone. When I came off from 300my my psych tapered it over 4 weeks. It was a 5-6 week nightmare of weird expereinces and feelings (including terrible headaches) - but it did pass and afterwards it felt so good to be off them. It was worth the trauma of not taking too long to get them out my system.

Good luck with it, aand if you are one of the unlucky ones who it affects badly, hang on in there - it will pass.

Hugs.

I have taken them for a couple of years and the side effects are ok so long as I remember to take them regularly. As for coming off them. I have come off them before without side effects and the secret is to come off them incredibly slowly a tiny bit at a time. Of course after spending weeks coming off them I had to go straight back on them as my depression immeidately kicked back in.

Archived