Mental Health Forums

Anyone Else Get This?

carlylight1

not sure where this should go so i'l try here even tho it seems more like a physical thing.

for the past couple of months have been getting tingley shivery sensations all up my arms, legs, back, everywhere really. it feels like electricity is moving really slowly all over me. it doesn't hurt or even feel unpleasant. its just weird and has been freaking me out because i don't know what it is or why its started. also its become a lot more frequent and intense in recent weeks.

wondering if anyone has ever had anythin similar or any ideas what it could be?

Have you been active lately or more sedentary?

Usually the body tingle thing happens to me when I am sedate and when embarrassment washes over me. Or, when I am highly pleasured, but that one is a little different though similar.

have been more active the past couple of weeks compared to usual. but also i've had a worsening of some mental symptoms lately too so i'm wondering if that is causing it or could be connected in some way. especially as my senses seem heightened lately so it could be an extension of that perhaps.

it is a bit similar to the embarassment sensation but not unpleasant like that and has started lasting for hours at a time.

guess its worth mentioning it to the pdoc xxx

I think it's worth mentioning definitely. Could be meds, could be psychological or could be physical. I get these tingly sensations like electric shocks are running down my arms and up my neck and I get muscle jerks as part of it and drop things and bang head and bite tongue etc... which is why I am getting investigated for epilepsy but this started about 18months ago out of nowhere. Had some transient mild epileptic things as a kid but nothing like this. Could be linked to head trauma or could start from nowhere or could be psychological. Perhaps you need an EEG to make sure is nothing physical as well? xxx

ty for the replies and advice sah, shadow girl and roses xxxx

I get these tingly sensations like electric shocks are running down my arms and up my neck

thats exactly what its like roses but all over and i don't get the other symptoms you mention. i think epilepsy was being considered a while back when i started to get some new symptoms but its not really been mentioned since. i hope they get to the bottom of whats causing it for you. its odd how these things happen where you had symptoms as a kid but then they come out again years later. it makes me think that i did have a head trauma years ago so i guess theres a possibility that even that could be related amongst all the other possible causes.

Archived