Mental Health Forums

Good Day

kelpy

had an appointment today with my cpn & psych.

we were going to discuss me discharging myself.

well for some reason i was pretty relaxed,perhaps because i had a choice on what to do,i dunno.

so i was pretty open & managed to say some of my problems & i also wrote them a letter about a month ago(but i can't remember what the hell i put in it)which they said was really helpful in understanding me.

well the psych said that i definatly need their help.

well the outcome is that i'm not being discharged & psych said she wanted to see me once a week & cpn said she wanted to as well.

so they sorta argued about it for a minute(which i thought was quite funny)

then decided my cpns going to see me weekly & psych once a month,unless a problem comes along before then.

both seemed really keen to work with me.

which is totally different to how they were last time i saw them.

so have learnt a lesson today,i have to be as honest & open as i can,& they are willing to work with me i just have to let them.

it's only taken me 8 years to learn this lol

so all in all i feel pretty pleased with myself.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! :masked:

Nice one Kelpy, am so glad that you had such a good appointment and were able to be open with them.

Also that they offered extra support.

It can be difficult to be open sometimes as it can feel painful to reveal stuff, but Pdocs and CPNs aren't psychic, so we do need to be able to tell them what we're thinking and feeling about stuff otherwise they don't know and it makes it difficult for them to know how to help. ;)

x

Archived