Mental Health Forums

I'm Getting There! (I Hope! :p)

Ollieclews

Hello all I just thought I'd post a little update and let you all know where I'm at :)

Had a couple of blips this last few weeks but I'm here so its all good! My medication now stays with my friend and I keep 2 days worth which im happy about as I feel safer with it. Docs put me back on diazipam but trying to avoid it unless really needed!

Things still aren't great in my house as the other house mates don't want to know me but its OK! (Their Loss! :P)

On the situation of housing its not looking amazing! I have 58 days to find somewhere else to live and I only have a budget of £229 per month. But the council have said if I can find a landlord that will accept a deposit bond then the council will pay my deposit. Only issue is there's hardly any private landlords around and all of the agents don't want to know me!

My social worker is trying her best to bump up my application and I have to go in next week to do another paper application (Already did one online) but apparently the paper ones can be processed much quicker so I can start bidding on properties.

I went to the place that deals with homelessness and they've advised me to go to them 2 weeks before my loving out date if I still haven't got any where and they will and try and sort me out.

In the meantime though its house hunt hunt hunt all the time lol

I've made a really really really amazing new friend and last night I had both of my amazing friends around and we laughed and joked and mucked about and it was the happiest I have felt in months. I'm so grateful for all of their love help and support :D

My social workers working hard too, done my referral for therapy and got a meeting to discuss my needs at the rethink community mental health service which offer social activities all day 6 days a week which I'm looking forward to starting to give me something to do.

So got lots going on, im nervous and excited at the same time!!

I'll stop rambling on about myself now!

hehe

Hope you all have a great day!

Much Love!

Ollie

xxxx

:)

Sounds like you're doing everything you can to find a place, and actually this is a really positive post. Hope you continue to feel so upbeat about everything.

Even though you've got a lot going on Ollie you seem to managing really well.

Keep up the hard work, and don't worry too much about the blips,

as everyone gets them now and again.

x

I'm glad youve got so much stuff going on, i hope you can find a place. my social worker says you can get help paying rent.

I agree it is your flatmates loss, i am very glad i know you xxx

Thanks guys! I have managed to find a private landlord who would be willing to rent me somewhere, going to view one of his houses today so if its nice then were go go go ! :D

Archived