Mental Health Forums

This Site Makes Me Feel Rejected

Eagleheart

I've been signed up to this site for several weeks now. I've introduced myself,laid myself bare, i've sent thoughtful responses to posts that have moved me. I've really really tried to join in. And that's been difficult for me to do because i have been crushed by a string of very hurtful rejections in the last few months. My mother,when i tearfully told her i'd attempted suicide,just said Oh, so can you take me shopping today? Two people who i thought i had a connection with have deserted me... I am scared of people and keep myself to myself to avoid getting hurt. But my darling husband encouraged me to join this site because i would be accepted and understood. So i put up a post back in january and have received the sum total of 2 replies. Thats it. So i think i'll bow out now. I wish all of you the very best. I really do. But i don't need any more rejections thanks. I'll go it alone from here. Over and out.

I felt like that a few times...

Thing is some nights a lot of people feel really bad and they read and listen but dont reply. Don't feel too rejected, its just hard for all of us

Hi Eagleheart,

I used to be on here quite a bit last year but then gave it a bit of a rest as i was getting too emotionally involved in a lot of people's posts. I decided to come back as i really missed the support.

Please don't take offence but it took time for me to get to know people and start replying to posts and almost getting your name out as someone who cared and contributed but also needed suppport too - i guess a bit like making friends in the 'real' world not the reality world. There are a lot of good people here who have known each other for a long while and regularly post away.

What i am trying to say is give it time and another chance - there are some really special people here - what often happens is people gets into lows and it seems like there is always people asking for answers and/or help.

It helped me to come on here when i was at my worst and at my best so i could offer the most.

I hope you stick around honey

Maddie xx

I'm sorry you feel this way but bear in mind two things if you want to. One, people are often ill and two replies is healthy in my opinion and secondly, like anything in life, you can do it properly or quickly! A little more time and I am sure you will feel the warmth.

I want to add, you say, "This site makes you feel rejected". I think you should think about that and your own input and responsibility, this isn't blaming anyone, but I think it is your responsibility, not "The Sites".

So sorry for your mums reaction to your pain and suicide attempt. Sounds very hurtful. Sorry too you don't feel heard or seen here too. I'm new to the forum too and don't really have any advice but just wanted to reply. Hope our replies now are not felt as too little too late for you. I'm listening x

hi eagle heart, i'm sorry you feel that way, like others have said i think its quite common here especially as rejection is such a core issue for so many people. please don't take this the wrong way but i notice u've only made 4 posts, one being this one. it really does take time to get to know people but i have no doubt that if you keep replying and posting you will get a warm response and get to know people.

best wishes x

I agree with all of the above! When I first came here I found it a little hard to fit in but once I had started posting etc and getting to know people it gets much better.

Ollie

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies. I feel very humbled and quite embarrassed by my stroppy-cow outburst! Please accept my apologies. I'm really not coping with life right now. Lots of anxiety,panic attacks,paranoia and hallucinations. Can't sleep either and reality and dream worlds are merging so i don't know what's real or not anymore. it's all a bit too freaky. Thanks for being nice. x

No apologies needed. I'm glad that you came back - I've been thinking about you. Sorry things are tough. I really hope you're able to get some good support around you. Keep 'talking' here if it helps x

hi there i suffer from auditory hallucinations, i was really struggling the other day and came here for advice and the good people here helped me through you have nothing to lose by talking here and you might benefit....hope to hear you around :)

Hey there, and welcome. Sorry i've not seen posts - sometimes i get in that frame of mind where I don't really take much in, so I skim through the forums and miss quite a lot, and sometimes i see something, but don't really have anything helpful to offer.

Hope you keep coming back here and posting for support, as now sounds like a pretty tough time for you.

Is there anything we can do to help, do you think?

It's nice to meet you, by the way :) and, apologies - there's no need hon. I think we ALL feel the way you have felt at some point or another here, so we all understand.

Sooz.

xx

I realise now after reading all your lovely,honest replies that i am guilty of projecting my own horrible attitude about myself onto others. It's like,i have this truly terrible opinion of myself and i just assume EVERYONE feels the same. But that's just not true, is it. It can't be because none of you know me so you make no judgements,do you? So I find myself saying sorry again for assuming that I am some sort of super-human mind reader!!! Many thanx to you all because YOU are literally the ONLY support system I have. I heard a brilliant statement the other day Damaged people are dangerous because they truly know how to survive.

Here's to all the survivors out there! We're a breed apart! :masked: :masked:

to a point this site needs work to make it newby friendly but like said its just the communication/connection that causes the bond so its a simple fix

personally i think the admins need to re structure and design this site as the current setup they have for running the support has flaws, for example here someone felt rejected so re structure it to make people feel accepted and happier

I do not agree Courting.

You see this forum is meant to function somewhat like real life in the sense that here people can also run into things that they run into in real life like feeling rejected.

This is good because the difference with rl is here you can post about it and work through it which can help you learn things like in this case that he wasnt in fact being rejected but jumped to conclusions about why people where not responding.

This we feel is positive as it could affect your thinking and in turn feelings of well being in general and in your dealings in real life. And that is ultimately our desire;to make people's lives better.

Archived