Mental Health Forums

Self Publishing A Book To Kindle

manja.

Hi everyone

I am considering compiling all my writing that I've done when I was unwell into a book format, and self-publishing through amazon to kindles etc.

Do you think this is a sensible move?

I would also like to donate some of the proceeds to charity, and put the rest towards paying off the debt that I got through gambling when I was unwell.

Do you guys think this is a good / bad move?

Is there other things that I should consider here?

I like the thought of putting something together that people can identify with, and that people might be able to take some inspiration from, if they see how I have survived it.

The thought of having a real proper book out in the shops scares me a little, much rather the thought of having it available just through soft copy.

But should I maybe wait for... I don't know what?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks

Amanda

I think its a great idea and a lovely idea and i'm sure it would help people

if your not sure about it i wouldnt do it yet but theres no reason why you can't start working towards it. you can find out how it all works and work on putting everything together into a book

and then maybe when its done you can send it to a few of your friends who you trust? partly to see what they think but also so you can see how it feels knowing people are reading what you've written.

I think it's a great idea Amanda, in fact I've thought about doing the same with some of the poetry I've written during my darkest moments.

Just one word of caution, I've heard Amazon are pretty liberal with giving refunds to people who don't like what they've read.........if I'm honest that's what's been holding me back.

However, yes, I think it's a brilliant idea that might help to raise awareness.

Archived