Mental Health Forums

Pals Complaint

donnam

some of u may know, that i put in an official complaint regarding my mh services, and their lack of duty of care, today i got a response, it said my care co was just that co ordinating my care, not an active member? could have told me, however while they never wanted to fully accept responsibility, they did accept that they should have actually check if i needed further input rather than assume i didnt, and should have kept a closer eye on me and my needs. they also did a lot of assuming, like i wanted to wait for my care co to come of sick, and that i was happy to use the duty team, both were untrue, and so it said in the report, that they should not simply assume something, they need to actually make sure this is true! when i asked for a diff temp care co (as had to give me one to be dicharged from hospital) they said no, due to staff shortages, the report, said that they should deal with shortages better and patients should not be left unduly with out care co/cpn.

i got a lot of apologies!

i complained because something needed to be done, not only for me, but for other patients too. so while they wouldnt take full responsibility (guess pals still work for the trust) they acknowledged my complaint and could see why i made it and said my complaints were valid, and i believe have given them some stuff they have to do better!

so hopefully for patients in my trust at the very least thing will improve slightly! i just hope it did some good, and that they will check what ppl need when their care co/cpn goes off sick or for any other reason, and not just read a care plan, which may not be how the patient considers things to be.

thats great you complained and got such a good response from them, its a good sign if they are prepared to admit they did wrong and you must have done very well with your complaint, my complaint was seen as a sign i needed anger management! So you must have written yours really well, i think a lot of people will avoid admiting they did something wrong if they can, you obviously made them feel like they really had to do things different xxx

thanks everyone, i was proud of myself, and they were late with my response by a week, but i was like a dog with a bone! ppl have to learn the impact they have on us!just cos we have mh probs doesnt mean we can be walked all over!

i hope it helps everyone, in a small way, either to have confidence to complain, or if in my trust help get better care!

emma i am sure you did nothing wrong with your complaint hun, did u complain to pals? they have to investigate fully, and i wouldnt have thought they could say u had an anger problem! at least i hope not.

cad

Archived