Mental Health Forums

Still Life Painting - Pears

Saharah Blue

The last in my series of watercolurs, taking a break from painting to take stock. Finished this though and I have to admit, I am starting to see improvement in my work, which feels great.

Still Life - Pears

thank you I have been on a real painting spree for the last month, it really takes it out of you though. Need some rest and time to reflect on what next.

its so brilliant, i really hope you keep returning to painting even if you are having a break for now. i love it as a whole and love the details such as the colour and shades in the cork and the greens of the bottle- i don't know why i just love how you've done the bottle its stunning :)

Hate to be a pedant but should that not be "Cremant de Bourgogne"??...........your art may be sublime, your linguistic skills have a way to go!! :devil: :devil: :D

But I love your heart, so you are forgiven :wub::jerry: :bonjeur:

I can assure you the final painting is correct. However, the last progress painting with enough daylight to photograph was not complete on that score. But, thank you for noticing. The bowl was not entirely finished in this photo either.

Love it sah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS Now then Apollo, your grammar mistakes have been noted before. I suggest you attend to them before pointing out the perceived errors of others xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I really like that painting, its good use of colours and I like the way you have captured the light on the fruit. What is the wedge-shaped object on the board? Looks like the end of clothespeg but I'm sure its not.

yeah funny you should ask becasue I was thinking the same, clothes peg is a really good guess. But they are bamboo kitchen tongs, I use them for toast.

Archived