Mental Health Forums

Psychiatric Liaison

lauraw2693

Hi I know this may be different in different areas but google is failing me on this one so was wondering if anyone had any personal experience..

My cpn said the psychiatric liaison team have made a frequent attendance at A&E form or something for me - so we don't go through the same stuff every time, and so the general medical staff don't think I'm time wasting.

She didn't really explain much apart from its for people who self injure or overdose and need medical help frequently. Does anyone else know much about this?

Hi I know this may be different in different areas but google is failing me on this one so was wondering if anyone had any personal experience..

My cpn said the psychiatric liaison team have made a frequent attendance at A&E form or something for me - so we don't go through the same stuff every time, and so the general medical staff don't think I'm time wasting.

She didn't really explain much apart from its for people who self injure or overdose and need medical help frequently. Does anyone else know much about this?

Not had any experience with this hun, but the way you described it, it sounds like a form they fill out and keep at A&E for someone who goes there frequently so that the staff know how best to treat you and who to call.

(Google wouldn't tell me either)

x

I've not heard of the liason team but I do have a booklet that Mike (my carer) carries in the car. It is a passport to health and whenever I am admitted he gives it to staff and has basic info like what is wrong (mental health and physical wise) and how I like to be treated, allergies, meds I'm on and phobias and stuff like that so they don't have to ask me everything all the time.

Hey thanks for the replies, I don't think this is something they do every time you go to A&E think she said its if you go more than 4 times a month or something like that. I've seen both crisis team and psychiatric liaison nurses quite frequently recently and they're quite separate here, it just depends on the time of day as to who you're referred to - crisis cover nights.

I guess its just to make it easier for me but its making me feel guilty for using the services 'too' much. Last time I went alone for the first time in my life, spent 20 minutes crying outside trying to get myself to go in and then just burst into tears at the reception, luckily the woman recognised me and found me somewhere quiet to explain what was happening.

Roses that sounds like a very good idea, I carry a DID emergency card in my wallet just in case but not all my others remember its there, I don't either sometimes if I'm in a state.

Thanks again for reading xxx

i have a yellow health book, people with learning disabilities use them.... when i tried to show them that they didnt want to really know but i needed them to read it so they know how to communicate with me and not to shout at me.

I do remember seeing the psychiatic liason nurse, when i ended up he came out that were awkward he made me say how im feeling but he were trying to assess whether or not im safe enough to go home and not do it again but in the end he tried to get ipts to see me but ipts wont take me because im too complex being that i have learning disability, unable to talk in a group, my inability to understand the homework they will set out.

Archived