Mental Health Forums

Rage

JBR2890

Hi,

Over the last two years I have been getting overly angry about relatively minor things..

For example;

I can't stand the sound of people chewing, no matter how hard I try to tell myself it's not important. I seem to get an intense anger building up inside me to the point where I actually just get up and walk away,

much to the bemusement of the people I'm sat with!

There are other things that make me equally angry but I won't go into details as I'll be here all day!

Does anybody else experience anything similar?

Thanks,

Jordan

Oh yes,I can get livid over things. Like the sound of someone hanging up a frame of some sort next door;the banging.

It makes me want to scream and destroy things.

I think for some of us our brains are just super sensitive to such stimuli. I try to get away when I can,distract and I tell myself;this is really annoying me right now but it wil pass.

hell yes - i understand you all too well...

sounds to me like you have some underlying things you are angry about and are repressing / biting your tongue on, or that are, for whatever reason, unresolved and that these, apparently little, things just tip you over the edge...

do you think it could help you to sit and think about what these other things could be and maybe identify them... naming them may lessen their power cos they then become known, or even help you to alleviate them knowing what they could be...

it is important i think to remember that anger is a perfectly valid emotion, it is how you express it that turns it from a negative to a positive emotion...

also i have found that quite often, anger is a secondary emotion to something else - like guilt, frustration, shame etc... cos anger is the one that is strongest it kinda takes over, overshadowing the thing that is actually the problem...

dunno if that wittering helps...

Yeah it helped villan, thank you :)

I never really thought that suppressing other emotions would manifest in the way it does. I think I might mention it at my next Doctors appt.

Thanks guys,

Jordan

Archived