Mental Health Forums

Scared Of... Myself?

pinkhair

so i guess i'm kinda new to this whole writing your feeling down and showing others how you feel business...

i don't really know where i'm meant to put this... none of the categories really seemed like the right place.

sometimes i scare myself, not like i'll purposely go and walk on the train tracks or something silly- but like me as a person scares me...

it's not that i don't care for others and the people i love... it's just i don't care... about anything...

i have really horrible thoughts sometimes- things like pushing someone i know out into the road in front of a car, or just walking out myself...

it makes me chuckle to myself- well i would say more of a grin... and then i realise what i just thought about someone i love.

and i get scared, and frightened of what i was capable of thinking, and how easy it is just to do it...

a part of me likes to see others in pain, or just imagining others in pain, and then the other half doesn't and is scared of what the first half just thought...

i have an "initial assessment appointment with a step 3 cognitive behavioural therapist" coming up soon...

i'm not too sure what it is or means, i just hope they will fix me

Hi

These thoughts you are having are called intrusive thoughts. I suffer with these too but I've learnt to accept them as just thoughts that I won't act on them. They are scary but once you start to accept them as just thoughts they start to ease a bit

I haven't had CBT but I've heard it's good

good luck with the assesment

starry x

thank you starry... i just hope it works haha

i didn't know that was what it was called... i try to ignore them

Archived