Mental Health Forums

Soo Angry At The Hospital

b0bulat0r

I had an appointment this morning for 9am at the hospital for my second psych review. I get there at 8:50 hand my appointment card over to the receptionist and she signs me in and asks me to take a seat.

9:20 I've not been seen and the receptionist who was a lovely young lady, starts phoning upstairs to find out where the psychiatrist is, and gets on to like his secretary or something? I dunno, anyway I hear her talking and saying that "his 9:00 is still waiting here, is he coming down" she spends the next 10 minutes making phone calls to various people and then says to me "shes finding out whats going on" a few minutes later she gets a phone call back and then tells me, (its now 9:40 btw)

she tells me that Neither of the consultants who know about me are in the hospital today, and if i'd like to wait another 40 minutes another consultant is coming in who might be able to see me!.

I ofc said that there was no way in hell I could do that as I was already missing work and have had my time wasted, and I'd have to make an appointment for another day when they can be bothered to turn up!!.

I then had to run from the hospital to work, to get started on the million and one jobs that i need to do that i'm even more behind with because i missed nearly 2 hours of work, (Which was a fair effort since its about 2 miles) and I pushed myself to run quite fast.

If we can't make appointments we are expected to phone and cancel them, WHY the FUCK can't the hospital do the same,

wasted my fucking time, made me bloody stressed :S GRRRRRRRRR.

really angry with the hospital i could of done without that shit given the stack of problems i have at work to deal with.

that really suck dude... :/ i am sorry to hear that they messed up your morning... i know the hospital are always running late- but that was seriously just a joke!!!

i hope that your day gets better x

thats really awful! they can't just not turn up for appts! and now you'll probably have to arrange to take more time off work to see them again which probably won't be easy.

Its a terrible thing to do to anyone no matter who you are there to see but what would happen if the person with the appt was too scared to ask what was going on? that probably isnt uncommon with psych patients, they could have been sitting there all day!

are you going to make a complaint?

I am going to complain,

1) they could have phoned me to say, I'm cancelling the appointment the consultant isnt in, We are expected to call them if we cannot attend appointments

2) they could have at least told me when i came in, ooh i'm sorry hes not here today,

but NO they make me wait for nearly an hour before telling me hes not in today, (tbh it wasn't the receptionists fault because she was really trying to find out for me, and she was very lovely and sweet, so i don't blame her) but this just set the tone for whats turned into a fucking horrible day.

I hope your day has ended better than it started. The Dr's involved deserve a good slap - I hope you get a useful response from your complaint.

I agree with you completely, this is very poor service and very rude of them. As you quite rightly say, they have expectations of you that you have the courtesy to call if you can't make an appointment, that courtesy should be returned.

Archived