Mental Health Forums

New Room = Freedom + Happiness

AmyP

have moved into my new flat today and i feel so much better already.

for one this room is nicer as it has a lovely view, the layout is better, and is higher up.

but its more than that. im not scared to leave my room anymore. made my first meal in months tonight and was so nice to be able to cook and not be scared out of the kitchen.

tried to make sure i took everything with me so wouldn't have to go back but inevitably i forgot a couple of things so i had to go back to where them lot are. as soon as i got on the corridor my heart started pounding and my hands wouldn't stop shaking. had to ask them lot where my bread bin was and it turned out they had hidden it behind the curtain.......i will never understand them and their childish games.

i must say even though i hate them the smug smirks on their faces hurt and the whispering cut through me.

but that is the last time i will ever have to be on that corridor again. i am with new people who, although smoke like chimneys which makes my room smell disgusting, seem okay and like they will leave me alone without any bother.

i finally feel free

Glad you feel safer where you are now.

May this home be a happy safe place for you.

You could look at getting some air freshners or odour eating air freshners for your room so you don't smell the smoke so much.

You could make the room have its own nice scent.

opened the window in the kitchen and i think they understood it was bothering me as they now close the kitchen door with the windows open if they smoke in there and keep their doors closed which i really appreciate think is very considerate of them considering i have just moved in and its obviously something they have been doing all through the year.

have bought a nice plug in air wick air freshener though as i like a nice smelling room :)

How nice,I remember finally moving into my own lil appartment and how good it felt. A home where you feel safe matters so much huh?!

One thing;those plug in airwicks please be careful they can cause fire when left too long or whatever.

Dont want to scare you but a fireman told my aunt loads of house fires start that way.

He had specifics about why,what circumstances etc but I dont remember those.

You can get those reed diffuser things that are basically reed sticks in perfume that diffuse the scent around. Or how about burning some incense sticks?

I remember having to move out of where I was part way through 3rd year uni, due to clashes with my house mates. I moved back into halls, and it was the best decision I made, and having my own safe space was such a relief, also.

Archived