I keep.

Fucking.

Eating.

TODAY'S INTAKE:

Breakfast: Nutrigrain & Fresh yoghurt & Orange juice

Snack: Apple

Lunch: Vegemite & cheese wholegrain sandwich

Snack: Apple

UP TO HERE IT'S PRETTY DARN HEALTHY. BUT IT GETS SO, SO, SOOO MUCH WORSE.

Snack: Snickers chocolate bar & Packet of nut m&ms

Dinner: Lamb chop & Chips & Salad & White bread with butter

Dessert: Cake/Custard concoction

Snack: Cadbury snack chocolate block (entire thing) & Packet of m&ms & Picnic chocolate bar --> week's worth of personal chocolate supply, gone!

Late Snack: Packet of dry "mi-goreng"

THIS

IS

NOT

GOOD

I started out healthily, though.

:( So wish I could offer a solution. I just don't buy the stuff anymore, I used to but..... I managed to beat it. For me throwing it away also helped. Not just binning it in the wrapper I had to open it and mix it with real waste shit in the bin. Or flushed down the loo. It was the only way.

Sometimes now I find myself impulse buying things and yes sometimes eating but again I limit myself on what I buy.

I know I am lucky to be able to do that it has taken a long time to get this far.

Is there anything else you can distract yourself at the times you head to the food? Count to 10 or ask yourself out loud why you want it. Saying it out loud makes it real :worried_anim: Maybe ?

Sending hugs and hope you can find a way out

DD xx

think of it as an addiction. The craving will pass. Think about how shit u will feel afterwards. Eat regular meals of low GI foods that will fill u up. Go nuts power walking round the block! I know it's hard but ur not alone x

<3 Thanks a million for all the ideas and hugs. :).

Dry Duck: Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll try them/some of them and see if they help! (nice name btw haha where did that come from?)

lou99: Yeah, I sometimes really see how it's an addiction... Seems weird to think of it like that though for some reason. What kind of foods count as "low GI"? I do eat quite healthily really - which is why the binging makes no sense to me.

<3 Thanks a million for all the ideas and hugs. :).

Dry Duck: Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll try them/some of them and see if they help! (nice name btw haha where did that come from?)

Just hope that you can find a way through those tough times x The name basically Dry because I used to be an alcoholic (6 yrs dry) (one of my many ocd traits!) and Duck because I keep ducks, lots of them & geese & chickens lol (another ocd, bird collection meant mind was occupied)

A bit of a bird brain lol

Take Care xxx

Dry Duck: Thanks. Today was okay so far - although the last few days have been terrible still. I've set myself up with snacks and everything, which is great! But I ate about half of my 3 weeks worth of snacks over the course of 3 days. I'm focusing really hard today though.

Your name makes sense now! Congratulations on the impressive 6 years, and the birds sound really wonderful!

Barbones: Thanks - and I hope you're feeling better (?) by now too.

I understand how you feel. Once I start eating I can't stop. Your food intake is nothing compared to what I eat sometimes.

take it easy on yourself.

If you can't stop, either buy single portions daily or don't buy unhealthy stuff at all.

It is far from easy, I know, but they tell me 'we' can get over it.

Thinking of you, good luck

Just in case you didnt know;

Are you trying to diet? Because your healthy start to that day looked like could be a diet?

Dieting when you have binging issues only leads to more binging.

Might help you to start a thread asking people without an eating disorder what they eat in a day so you get an idea about whats sort of normal?

I did that once in therapy group,it helped me.

Lily

hi- i binge like this too. no matter what you eat , you dont feel full and eat til you feel sick. homemade popped corn- machine made not micro as that usually has butter/sugar. or packets n packets of rice cakes or bowls of rice crispiesand homemade skimmed milk custard yet again fills. and the milk helps you get to the full/sick point without so mujch fat n sugar as what you are eating- and sorry but you have to NOT have the biscuits cakes sweets in the house - oh and cut up apples - this is a boredom empty thing- possibly worse if youre tired? I run and god knows how am keeping it off but last night was very similar in description to yours- since im ocd i often get into a obssesive mindset when dieting which is good as i do control what i eat but if i cant get to that point then its often this way- binging.... hope thats of some help

Lily: Hey, no that's just a healthy breakfast/snack/lunch... I've tried "dieting" and it definitely doesn't look like that. Actually, when I got into the mindset of eating relatively little I managed it really well - it's only when I try to eat, as you say, like a normal person (allowing myself a little give and take, eating supposedly "filling" meals) that I cave in to binging so easily.

loneoldsaddo: Thanks for the advice :). I can't stand milk and only like a few milk-containing products, but I'll keep your tips in mind!! It's definitely a boredom/empty thing - although sometimes I also binge when I'm feeling on top of the world? I don't really know how that one works...

Punnet of blueberries

Two packets of mini chocolate easter eggs

Cherry ripe (chocolate bar)

Packet of ginger nut biscuits

Then I went to uni, and came home...

3/4 cup of nuts

Picnic (chocolate bar)

And now I'm heading off to dinner soon.

Which is pizza or something.

I feel sick.

And yet I don't.

If I eat anything sweet such as chocolate, I find that I then need to eat much more. Sugar (apparently) gives you a sugar rush, your blood sugar levels rise fast then drop fast, leaving your body craving more of the same.

Archived