Mental Health Forums

Life Is Going Really Quite Well :)

catsmother21

Things are still going really well with hubby. He is still getting up earlier and helping me around the house and we now take it in turns to cook. We are a lot closer and are still communicating well. We are back to laughing and enjoying each other again. :)

We've been to the cinema again, this time we saw 'The Woman In Black' - I lost track of how many times I jumped out of my skin!! It was good though. :) We've been out shopping together and we are meeting up with DJJK and his girlfriend again for the Arts and Minds gig that we met up with them at last year. We enjoyed it so we are going again on 24 March and then going to our favourite noodle restaurant - yum!

We've also booked tickets to see Stewart Francis on 17 September - this is the first time I have made such a long term commitment for years and years but as I am doing quite well at the moment, I felt able to do this now. :D

I've had a couple of hours out shopping this afternoon and splashed out on some Benefit and Dior make-up for when my hubby takes me out for dinner next week for my birthday :party: (my make-up bag was in need of an over haul!).

I'm still using my exercise bike and I'm up to 3.5 miles every other day now, I increase the time I do on it every week and it really helps to give me a boost as well as helping with my general fitness. My surgeon said that the stronger I keep my leg muscles, the longer my hip replacement will last so that's another good reason for doing it.

My online DBT course is still going well and I am enjoying brushing up my skills and I have started a Thought Journal which helps me to identify my thinking errors, what feelings arise from that, how to come up with more balanced thinking and, if needed, an action plan to help to deal with the situation. I am finding it so helpful to become much more aware of how I am feeling and what the triggers are. It really helps to calm me down just sitting and writing it down - definitely will be carrying on with this and all the other skills that are still to come will be able to help with my action plans and how I deal with things.

I do still have days when I don't manage to get out of my pyjamas all day or don't manage to do much or am so anxious, I'm bent double with it or depressed - but I am beginning to learn what my limitations are and that days like this are bound to happen and I try not to beat myself up anymore if I don't get much done - Rome wasn't built in a day as they say and even if things just stayed as they are now, I would be more than happy.

I still haven't managed to get to the Craft Cafe as the thought of travelling to the other side of Leeds on my own - 2 buses there and 2 back and being in a part of Leeds that I don't know at all is causing me a lot of anxiety but my CPN is arranging for me to have a Health Support Worker as well and she will help me to build confidence and coping skills so, hopefully, I will get there one day.

Well, I think that's enough for now!!

That is amazing progress to be able to write about. I am so glad you peeked in on your Friday again, really made me smile.

Glad you and hubby are going out more and enjoying each others company again. Bit envious of your regular cycling, since I have not been able to get my excising off the ground again (but want to). DBT going well - nice. Meeting up with member - nice. Making plans can be so much harder than it feels like it should be.

Pleased to read, you are working through your bad days with less judgements and more kindness towards yourself. I really believe that when it is possible to do this, we are inching forward in recovering a higher quality of life for ourselves.

love & mush,

Sah

I'm so happy things are going so well for you cats! I was feeling a bit shit but this really cheered me up! thats great things are going better with your hubby. its a shame you still do have the bad days but the way you are looking at them sounds very positive and healthy xxx

I was wondering which online dbt course are you doing? as the cmht arent being very helpful atm maybe an online course would help me too. But i dont want to just google it, there are probably some dodgy online courses out there, it seems more sensible to get a recomendation from someone whos done it.

Thanks Emma - here's the link for the online course:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/dbtclass/

and this is the link to subscribe to the course, they ask you a few question first (nothing difficult) to ensure that the course will be suitable for you:

dbtclass-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I'm glad that my post helped to cheer you up :) xxxx

thank you for the link Cats

before i subscribe i just want to check your ok with me joining it, idk how much interaction we'd have but usually theres a lot of interaction in online groups

also is it ok that i dont have bpd? I havent been diagnosed with it and according to various online tests i dont say yes to quite enough criteria

thank you for the link Cats

before i subscribe i just want to check your ok with me joining it, idk how much interaction we'd have but usually theres a lot of interaction in online groups

also is it ok that i dont have bpd? I havent been diagnosed with it and according to various online tests i dont say yes to quite enough criteria

I think you need to have a dx of BPD or show traits of it, I can't remember what the initial questions were now - sorry.

Of course, I don't mind you doing the course. I have had only had one interaction with one other person on the course who recommended a book for me and that's it. I don't contact anyone else on the course because I just want to be able to do the work and practice it as much as I can. You can interact with other people if you want to, if that's what you would like.

You can always apply and tell them the reasons why you are interested in doing the course and see what they say - it's worth a shot. I know DBT is specifically aimed at BPD but I feel that people who don't have the dx or even MH problems would benefit from the course to help them with the way they handle their lives if they are having problems.

If you do apply, let me know what they say.

xxxx

thank you Cats. I've joined the group and answer the questons, all i can do now is wait and see. it does seem to have helped you a lot and thats really good to see.

thank you Cats. I've joined the group and answer the questons, all i can do now is wait and see. it does seem to have helped you a lot and thats really good to see.

Good luck xx

Archived