Mental Health Forums

Venlaflaxine

Everycloud

When I was on these they were ok except for terrible night sweats. It was coming off them that was awful. If you decide to stop do it under supervision in case you have a bad time.

ok not recommending this, but past week I have been reducing my dose and havent had any major withdrawals, I am sick of the dreams, night sweats and the fact they no longer work anyway. I have been on 300mg for about a year and before that 225. ( slow release). So I guess its about each person and how it effects them btw they did work at the beginning, infact the only thing that did.

Hi

I was on venlafaxine for about 4 months I think but suddenly stopped taking them as, to e honest, wasn't sure if they were working or helping at all. I had no symptoms when I was on them and noticed no withdrawals or problems when I suddenly stopped taking them. Can't remember what dose I was on..

I guess everyone is dfferent. Does your GP (or whoever prescribes this for you) know of the problems you're experiencing? Could you discuss with him/her? I'm not sure if you've been on the medication for some time or are new to it but sometimes it can take a while for the body to adjust to new medication..

Hope things improve

Jenny

Hi

I was on venlafaxine for about 4 months I think but suddenly stopped taking them as, to e honest, wasn't sure if they were working or helping at all. I had no symptoms when I was on them and noticed no withdrawals or problems when I suddenly stopped taking them. Can't remember what dose I was on..

I guess everyone is dfferent. Does your GP (or whoever prescribes this for you) know of the problems you're experiencing? Could you discuss with him/her? I'm not sure if you've been on the medication for some time or are new to it but sometimes it can take a while for the body to adjust to new medication..

Hope things improve

Jenny

Ha! I went to my GP yesterday who has restarted me on anti-depressants. I said that I didn't have side effects when I was on venlafaxine and he looked but said I'd never been on it! D'OH! It was lofepramine that I was on, not venlafaxine.. so ignore my above reply as I got totally the wrong drug!! They all sound the same to me :ashamed0005:

Hope things are going well

Jenny

Hi, sorry I didn'r answer your question sooner.

First off, my withdrawal experience was unusually extreme. My CPN who's been doing the job more than 20 years, said it was the most extreme he'd ever seen - so bear that in mind.

I withdrew from the med going down from 300mg by 50mg a week. It was just a couple of days before the effects started and they lasted for about two weeks after I'd stopped taking any.

The effects were, weird and vivid dreams, electric shocks through my body, dizziness and loss of balance, awful headaches, a feeling of liquid slooshing around in my head, the shakes, twitching, irritability, feeling sick - I was ill and couldn't function basically. I think usually if someone experiences withdrawal sympotoms they have some of these and not all as exrtreme. Some people have no ill effects when they stop.

Hope you get sorted. xx

I am on this anti D and I get really bad headaches if I miss a dose or even before my next dose is due. I suffer with the night sweats, nausea and shaking too because of this tab... x

I spent about three months on these, a couple of years back. the first few weeks were awful, nightsweats, stomach ache, I spent 14 days in bed, hoping the side effects would wear off and that I would improve in mood. Well, I ended up being scared to go downstairs, leaving the house was almost impossible, the one time I popped to the shops, I had my first ever panic attack.

These meds made me more anxious and panicky that I have ever been in my life. I have been off them two and a half years, but am still not back to my normal unwell up and down self.

My gp thinks I am sensitive to seritonine (can't spell lol )

perhaps she is right. I have heard that they can work wonders for some people, but for me, they were dreadful.

I stopped taking them when I connected the way I felt with the meds. No side effects coming off them, although I loved the dreams they gave me.

Archived