Mental Health Forums

Drilling Into My Brain!

b0bulat0r

unrestful night + waking up with headache + being sick this morning + stress at work, = MEGA headache.

so I decide to get out of work for lunch and go to the cafe down the road, because its quiet and relaxing down there normally, and alot of people regularly come in who are nice and friendly etc, Sharon and her Husband came down after a bit and the American couple (don't know their names but they are in their alot and we've chatted before) where there,

but this woman comes in with her little child in a pram, who doesn't cry, but SCREAMS like a banshee more or less constantly, every shrill sound drilling into my brain and making my already bording on migraine style headache even worse.

I put some soft music on my ipod and put my headphones in, and then turned them up quite high, and could still here this horrific sound like a pyjark being butchered,

it took every ounce of my resolve to do nothing, I was getting so grated by this I really started thinking some quite horrible thoughts about forcefully removing said infant from the area.

Plan for a relaxed peaceful lunch to sooth my headache failed,

head is now worse than it was before i went to lunch :S

One word Bob: Motorcycle ear plugs! B)

Always keep a pair on me when out as they work really well at taking out high pitch noise like babies crying/shrieking.Doesn't block them out completely but certainly takes off that high end that is like nails down a blackboard!

Sorry about your headache though and that your trip out made it worse :(

x

Archived