Mental Health Forums

Good And Bad

Data

Theres lots going on in my life and I thought I'd just like to share a few things if thats ok. I am not sure how I feel at the moment... not in crisis at all... just not very happy but trying to make the best of each day.

University

Well I had a meeting at the university yesterday which was productive but it put me under pressure a little. She wanted me to come out with ideas, and also I discussed some programming that had gone wrong and she was a little unhappy with that which was also stressful. Today I planned to work since I am a full time student, but I've just messed about to be honest. I was not sure where to start with the ideas, I did a mind-map but not sure if its any good. And as far as the programming goes.... I am pissed off with it. I've been working on the same research project since 2007 and I just want RID of it now. I feel so guilty though since I have spent a lot of today getting distracted online, playing tetris games etc...

Psychiatrist

I have a 2-hour appointment with a new psychiatrist tomorrow. Its another thing I could do without. The last one I saw didn't know what to make of me so he has referred me to another member of his team for a second opinion. Its so stressful. I expect them to just discharge me which I can't argue with, but it will make me feel rejected. I have a counsellor appointment tomorrow morning so we get a chance to talk about it a bit. I am nervous though... nervous that the pdoc appointment will trigger me.

Drains

The plumbing in the bathroom is a nuisance. I had a shave this morning and when I emptied the sink, some of it came out of the bath! We recently had the plumber in and after 3 hours we thought he had cleared the blockage but it looks like its not to be. I have bought some drain cleaner gel and I am going to put that down the plughole to work overnight in a bit. I have had a bottle of wine tonight which is not the best preparation for the use corrosive liquids, but I do have proper gloves and glasses and I will be careful (honest).

My son

My son is a member of Beavers (the junior version of scouts) and now he has turned 8 he has left the group and progressed to Cubs. He had his leaving ceremony today. They have to climb under a blanket and whilst underneath change uniform (jumper) from Beaver to Cub. Whilst doing this the rest of the boys shake the blanket up and down vigorously. The leader said to my son that the boys will enjoy getting their revenge since he has inflicted a few tsunamis on people with the blanket in the past :). I was very proud of him and my parents and wife and daughter attended. My mum (who I have lots of issues with) gave my son a hug and told him she was proud of him. It brought a tear to my eye.

Hiya Data,

Good luck with the pdoc appt. Can understand you worrying about it being triggering. Its good you are aware of that so pls be as kind to yourself today as possible.

Houses - if it's not one thing it's the bloody other. Drains do have their own particular nightmarish quality tho. I hope the chemicals sort it out, that plumber sounds like a thick.

Best wishes xx am

badkitteh, I love your avatar :). The gel did sort the blockage out, it looks like I might have to put a bottle of that down once a month. At £5 a bottle its cheaper than £110 for the plumber!!!

I am going to be kind to myself today. I think if I am feeling fragile after the pdoc then I will allow myself some "down time" and come online for an hour.

Despite my hangover today is a better day (so far) than yesterday! I think I was feeling quite stressed yesterday, except for when the alcohol kicked in :(.

I was very proud of him and my parents and wife and daughter attended. My mum (who I have lots of issues with) gave my son a hug and told him she was proud of him. It brought a tear to my eye.
:)

All the stressful issues aside it is moments like these that give us the strength to deal with everything else you mentioned. x

Archived