Mental Health Forums

Not Functioning

b0bulat0r

I can't function at the moment, its like every little thing is too much for me to handle,

I went home ill Wednesday after being sick, think I had a bug, was off yesterday too, Came back to work today but i'm not doing very much, I am finding it difficult to do really simple things.

A friend of mine I haven't seen in quite a while has sent me an invite to go out with them tomorrow night and I don't want to, As it turns out i've just been reminded i'm supposed to be taking a bunch of people to the cinema tomorrow evening anyway so I actually now have an excuse but before I was reminded of that I couldn't even be motivated to come up with an excuse I was going to just ignore the invite! (how rude!!!), I now also feel like I really CBA to go to the cinema even though thats like stupidly easy (requires no effort at all) it still seems like hassle and aggravation to me,

I am taking 3-4 days to reply to e-mails or personal messages (Sorry by the way if I have been slow getting back to you), I read messages and think Oh I need to reply to them and yet I just cant bring myself to make the effort and actually do it, even for things that actually benefit for me

for example, I have a friend of mine who is doing a piece of artwork for me and she sent me the sketch and asked if I wanted to change anything before she did the full linework, it took me over a week to reply to her, I wanted to do it because obviously its for me, and its something I want and she's waiting for my feedback but I just couldn't do it, its like every time I went to press reply I got the reply e-mail come up and i'd just sit looking at it for 15 minutes before going, ooh screw it i'll do it a little later

and everything with me seems to be a little later, a little later, and just takes forever to get done, I have no motivation or willpower to do anything (even things I know deep down I want to do, or really need to). I've read several posts on here that I've really wanted to provide input to but have scrubbed messages I started writing several times as I couldn't finish them..

I don't know why but I'm just not able to engage with anything.

I just feel like i want to sleep and throw a duvet over my face and be left alone by everything, even stuff I "want" to do normally I just don't want to have to deal with.

Why am I shutting down? why are small simple things such a huge task for me right now,

why has it taken me over 40 minutes to even type this.

:(

The bugs that are going around are kind of fluey. I know with mine, it totally had me laid low. I still have very little energy. Add depression on top, and yeah.

(((rob))) no advice but sending some hugs. i think the constant stress is wearing you down, i get like that then go into 'switch-off' mode. its rubbish. x

I agree with Vivien, the stress of everything is wearing you down. Take one day at a time and take it at your pace if you can. Sending you hugs x

Archived