Mental Health Forums

Too Many Worries :(

angelk01

Hi everyone i'm feeling a bit hopeless at the moment. Everything feels

like it's caveing in on me and i feel a bit trapped. I keep getting these sharp

pains at the side of my head and at the back of my head a bit like a headache

but not as such. This happens especially when i revise for exams. I feel overwhelmed.

When i'm revising i keep thinking about other things that are on my mind like i feel

too inadequate about my appearance. I feel like i hate myself every aspect as i feel like

i need to change things about myself as i think that i need to improve on these but this is very frustrating at the moment as it is stopping me from doing what i wanna do and it makes me feel too sad. :(

I get too many panic attacks about what i look like both when i'm revising and when i'm outside.

I feel worried about just everything about my appearance about my skin whether i look old and also if im ugly and too fat. It makes things hard for me like going out as i am so conscious of things.

I do feel too low and overwhelmed with these thoughts.

((((angel))) I wish i knew what to say. I get these thoughts too. its so hard to make them go away. every time i walk past people laughing it feels like they're laughing at me. any overheard nasty comment is about me. I pretend i'm someone else, someone beautiful but that doesnt always work. I'm doing online therapy which i hope will help tho at the same time it gives me something else to worry about

I'm sorry i'm not more helpful xxx

It sounds like you have very low self confidence. It also sounds (to me) like you are getting tension headaches. If the pains are particularly severe or happening a lot then it might be worth discussing it with your doctor.

I get similar headaches which as Data suggested, my Doctor tells me they are tension headaches, do they go off when you lay down and stop? (mine often go off if i can stop doing things and just lay down but they come back pretty quickly when I start working and getting stressed again).

exams are stressful don't be too hard on yourself if your struggling they aren't easy for anyone,

As for the self confidence issue, I understand that as well, I constantly have worries about my appearance and hate the way I look, :(

the problem is we're always harder on ourselves than others are, its easy to say it, but there is nothing wrong with you.

:) hope your feeling a bit better today,

Thank you Bobulator. yes i do get these headaches when i am under stress

lol so i get this tight feeling in my head so i just have to relax a little. I

always have to step away from the books so i can try to ease the sharp pain

i get.

Thanks for understanding and how are you? :). xxx

I find good calming music can help, I also sometimes have to wear my sunglasses (even when inside) because i'm light sensitive and I have special prescription ones, sometimes when my headaches get bad I need them to filter out light because otherwise it feels like my eyes are burning.

I find I also get them alot because I don't sleep well, do you have difficulty sleeping?

I'm ok, I'm just trying to survive the week at work :P

ok thanks hope you have a good week. :)

Yeah i do have some difficulty sleeping as i get these sharp stabbing pains

at the side of my head and back of head lol. xxx

Archived