Mental Health Forums

Got Referral Letter

Dibley

Hi Head hurts.

I had my phone assessment today and I must say I was so nervous that I made myself sick, but the guy that did mine was really nice, It is a questionaire and they will ask you what your struggles are, They called me back 20 minutes later and told me what kind of therapy I will be doing and if I am be alright with that, I am doing CBT, I don't know why I was so nervous, First part is out the way now, Honestly try not to let it worry you.xxxx

try and keep an open mind... from the escalation of your recent posts it appears that you have nothing to lose by just giving it a go...

hope it goes well on friday xxx

Thanks all. I've had the telephone assessment twice before, that's as far as I've always got. Hoping, or should I say I will try and go a little further this time. We'll see, I just don't feel overly positive today, I'm a bit down, I guess at least the letter isn't in the bin! xx

Head hurts we could do this together as I have never done this before either, I hardly go out the door. Maybe we could write a thread about how we both go? :) xxxx

I guess. Sorry, I'm not in a good place right now, I'm not trying to be rude. If I make there, we can do. I hate leaving the house, and I'm extremely paranoid about who people know and stuff. Thanks for thinking of me.

I know what you mean Head hurts and I feel the same, Maybe if we both give it a try what is there to lose? The thought of talking to a stranger is scary but I am willing to give it a try, I hope that you do too, What kind of therapy is it? xxxx

Hi (((HH))))

I hope the assessment goes ok on friday. Try and be as open minded about it as you can so they can help you. I think you will really benefit from therapy especially as you seem to be so isolated and having such a hard time lately

all the best

xxx

Just try and do your best - it's all anyone here would ever ask of you...

Let us know how the assessment goes tho - if you want to

:hug2: xx

I will do, thank you. I've booked a hair appointment for after, just in case I go crazy!!!!

xxxx

I hope it goes well, you are very brave even to be thinking about taking this step especialy as it means facing so many of your problems before you even get through the door xxx

I will do, thank you. I've booked a hair appointment for after, just in case I go crazy!!!!

xxxx

I'll have to remember that one, what a good idea to help take the edge off a stressful one. Well done you.

Had phone assessment, I hate it, all they are doing is just asking questions off paper, no emotion or anything. "Are you feeling suicidal", I say yes, next question "will you do anything about it", I say who knows, next question "do you work" I mean, how friggin stupid. It's my life, and they are reading a questionaire to me. Anyway, I have to see the wonderful people in person next Friday.

Been to the hair dressers, hd my hair cut and had some blonde highlights put in, looks ok, as pleased as I can be today.

well done for going through it hun, i know how hard it was for you - sorry it was so flat though :(

and it was a good idea to get your hair done afterwards :)

i hope all goes well when you see the next week - again, let us know if yuo wanna

Yeah Head hurts the questions were like for me too but the guy was so nice as I told him I was so nervous, I also told him that I want a woman therapist too :) I wish you luck.xxxx

• 2 weeks later...

They called me and said I was the only one booked on last Friday, so they wanted to rearrange. They were only open until 1pm anyhow. They wanted me to go in next Friday, but I'm working, so I'm now going Wednesday morning. I'm pleased, I wasn't in the right frame of mind last Friday.

Archived