Mental Health Forums

Weird Dream, (As If Any Of Mine Aren't)

b0bulat0r

I always remember my dreams in full vivid detail as you know, I often wish I didn't especially since I often suffer from nightmares, anyway this dream wasn't like that It was actually really good (for me), but it was weird, but then again none of my dreams in my over active imagination makes sense.

Anyway in this dream, I was still me, but I had all of my powers, (Well Psion's powers) you know the super stormlord who can control the weather and manipulate water/ice/lightning/wind etc.

anyway thats not weird at all I have my powers in i'd say about 60% of my dreams, The first Weird thing was that I had a girlfriend who was superhot, (Which Is much much much less believable than me having super powers :P)

anyway whats even more weird and unbelievable is that I left her for another woman!!. I've NEVER EVER cheated on a partner before and I am adamant that I never would and that its a complete douchebag thing to do,

However here was what happened, this girl I was dating I'll call her K was super hot, in a sort of Sex on legs kinda way, (again how this relationship happened in the first place I don't know) and I was happy, well I guess I was like oh shit I have a super hot girlfriend

any then I met Her I'll call her M, M was completely different to K, She was beautiful especially her eyes which I could almost get lost in, I think what I'm trying to say here without sounding like a Dick, was K was the sort of girl that you looked at and thought about how much you wanted to sleep with her, where as M was the kind of girl that you looked at and thought about how you just wanted to be with her forever and hold her and fall asleep in her arms.

anyway as I got to know M I realized that we had much more in common than I did with K, personality wise M was very much like me, We had alot of the same interests and hobbies and we had the same views on a surprising number of topics where as I was finding myself often biting my tongue with K trying not to say things to upset her as we often had very vocal different views, I also felt alot of the time that I was bending over backwards doing things to keep K she was one of the loud really outgoing popular girls and obviously anyone who knows me knows i'm very insular and resevered and so was M.

also the other important difference was that K was an ordinary girl, well an ordinary sexy super popular girl that most guys would kill to have a chance with and most girls wanted to imitate, M wasn't she not only didn't want all that attention and was a much more quiet and reserved girl but she also had powers 2 and her powers were although not as powerful as mine, (being a stormlord I can control all of the elements of the weather) and she was only able to control ice/snow but because of the nature of her powers and that she much preferred the frost and cold to the heat was very different from K who loved the sun and loved to sunbathe on the beach etc.

It became a combination of things in this dream that over time made me realize that I was in this relationship with K because I had been desperate for a gf and when she came along and was "willing to be with me" I went into this relationship for the sake of "having a hot gf" but that what we had wasn't love, but what I was developing with M was and eventually broke up with K (And its always usually the girl who breaks up with me)

Anyway I broke up with K and started a new relationship with M and everything seemed to change and everything became so much "easier" and much less work, it felt natural and just right and like it was everything i'd been searching for,

a couple of points

1) its weird that i dream so vividly anyway and that I remember my dreams fully when I wake up

2) its not weird for me to have my powers in my dreams,

3) its REALLY weird for me to have a hot girlfriend

4) and then to be the one to leave her!

Hmm. What does this say about me and relationships? where did this dream come from? hmmm, dreams always make me think and over analyze.

:S weird.

I often remember my dreams in vivid detail too, when i was about 14 my counsellor told me to keep a dream diary but i had to wake up half an hour earlier so i had time to write down my dream! then she had trouble believing i'd dreamt it all! its how weird the way you're only asleep for about 8 hours but the dream covers a much longer time period and you hardly ever realise when your dreaming

I can often fly in my dreams, idk why as i don't really like the idea of it! and i'm usually school age. maybe lots of people have dreams with common themes?

I think lots of people dream about things that would never happen. I often dream about being places i would never be able to travel to, having relationships with guys who dont attract me in real life (once i woke up in a panic because i was supposed to be meeting my boyfriend for lunch, then I realised it was a dream and he wasnt my boyfriend), and leaving the house without remembering to put my clothes on, its not like i even walk around the house naked

do you dream in colour? my mum says she dreams in black and white and thats what most people do but i always dream in colour

maybe because we use our imaginations so much during the day, we also do it when we dream and that makes the dreams extra vivid and maybe also more memorable?

I think lots of people dream about things that are big parts of our lives. your powers are a big part of your life. I think dreams are supposed to be based on things that happen to us and it happens when the brain is kind of putting our memories in order and storing them. but if your someone who daydreams really vividly and often maybe the brain kind of cant tell the difference between real happenings and imaginary things so it treats them both in the same way?

Its unusual for me to have any kind of boyfriend but that doesnt stop me from dreaming about them. I thnk dreams can be about things you want as well as things that can actually happen.

your dream doesnt make you sound were cheating on anyone. Its not like you were chasing after other girls, you just happened to meet someone you had a real connection with and you can't really help it when that happens. but it comes over really strongly that you didnt want to hurt K.

I'm not sure how much any dream says about the dreamer. But it kind of sounds like you are looking for 2 different things from a woman, someone who attracts you physically and someone who is like you mentally and emotionally and its fine to want that, most people want a partner who is both those things. A girl like K might attract your attention straight away but you wont know until you spend time with her if shes got a personality that suits you or not. A girl like M might not attract your attention at first but the more you get to know her, the more you recognise her beauty.

maybe its saying dont throw yourself into the first thing that comes along (maybe litrally a relationship or maybe something thats symbalised by the relationship), get to know all the possible options before making a decision?

Hi Emma thanks for your reply.

I dream in full colour, Always have done, I guess thats why my dreams feel very real, I also almost always 99% of the time dream in first person so I see everything "from my eyes" and it feels very real.

I think your right it might be because my imagination is so active all the time that I am able to have these vivid dreams.

My fantasy world constantly advances in my mind, When I go to write my stories I'm not making up stories to write, I'm writing about events that have already happened in my world and I'm just writing about "what i've seen".

I often dream in series with dreams following on from previous ones, sometimes going back to topics or dreams i've not had for years and picking up where they left off.

its quite like a telly series, you only see a few hours of footage but it spans several months and the time "between episodes" you are filled in about the details, Its like I have perfect memory of events that never even happened, and If I'm in a dream where I have a gf i seem to know our entire relationship history and know exactly whats happened regardless of how far along the relationship its put me in the dream.

I do think about relationships alot and It is one of the things I think are very missing in my life, maybe thats another reason why I keep having these dreams I don't know. I'll have to keep an eye out for my real life equivalent of M :P

I mean't to mention, K felt that it was a betrayal because I met M through her and the two of them were friends,

She felt as though both of us betrayed her, and thats what made it very difficult.

I always dream in the first person, i didnt know other people didnt. so do you kind of see yourself moving around or something?

same for me, if i dream about someone i kind of 'know' things about them in the dream i dont know in real life

that does sound very difficult, i suppose its natural to feel that way but you are a nice guy, i'm sure thats also true in your dreams, i'm sure you and M tried your hardest not to hurt anyone but no one would expect you to sacrifice your own happiness, its not like it meant K would never be happy

(maybe its weird that i'm trying to reasure you about something that happened in a dream but the feelings its given you are real and it seems really important for you)

Archived