Mental Health Forums

On Front Of The Samaritans News!

toaster

A few months ago I received an e-mail from samaritans head office asking who would like to share their story - I thought, 'why not?' and decided to go for it. Basically, the article reads about how I went from reclusive drug addict, calling the samaritans, to the samaritans volunteer I am today :D

The article is going to appear in the local papers! :o

This is the front cover :) - thas me! :o

EDIT - I have removed the picture because I am a bit paranoid :lol: :blink:

thats really amazing Toaster and so inspiring, you (and your fiancee) must be so proud about how far youve come.

and you are pretty!

would I be able to get a copy? or would you rather i didnt?

That is so impressive and insipring... If it's feasible to do so, and Samaritans are happy with it, could I suggest scanning a copy and sharing here?

I know there are many who would love to read it :)

If you are happy to share it, but don't have facilities to do it or anything like that, I am happy to help xxx

I have edited my original post, sorry!

Flip, they do have a website but you have to be a samaritan for access - head office sorts out the passwords and stuff, sorry.

Thanks for all the replies :) xx

Hey Toast,

I remember that reclusive drug addict you used be. (snap!)

You are a literally a poster-child for recovery from MH & addiction, I am so happy for you that your life has progressed so far, and you get lots of love & natural 'happy' these days. I saw the pic btw & really liked it.

xx am

Archived