Mental Health Forums

Rant About Buses

JasmineRose

This is mainly about buses, because on most other forms of public transport, you can get off and wait for the next one without having to pay again.

It makes me angry that, due to my panic/hyper-vigilance, I cannot tolerate crowded public transport. Specifically, what I hate is when I get on a bus, and it's fine, then, further on down the journey, it gets crowded. Then I tend to get antsy, and usually end up getting off the bus feeling really ashamed and self conscious. Then, of course, I either have to walk the rest of my way home/to work/to the shops/wherever, or wait for the next one [or the one after, or whichever is least crowded] - and pay again!

I use pay as you go on public transport, as it is generally more cost effective for me.

I don't qualify for a free travel pass, since I don't see a psychiatrist or have a Care Plan.

Having to pay more, due to my symptoms when I am feeling vulnerable, really annoys me intensely.

Anyone else have a similar problem or brilliant ideas?

I hate public transport, Just today actually I was travelling on a bus and it was crowded and I had some old woman pushing so she could get a seat and I felt like telling her what's the panic? I do understand what your saying, I try to avoid getting on buses as much as I can.xxxx

do you know how much a day ticket is

i get a day ticket @ £5.70 rather than a single @ £4.00 or return @ £6.00 when i go town on bus even if i am only going one way - that way i can hop on/off without repaying

have a google of the bus provider and see what the day ticket costs

Thank you both.

Villan, things work a bit different where I am. But I will look into other options. Thanks. :)

Archived