Mental Health Forums

Omg I'm Pregnant!

rufusmoo

Just had it confiremed at the docs.

Amazing surprise! I told them that I NEEDED HELP with my eating thing and he is going to contact

the dietician. Yay about time xxx

huge congratulations!

Keep us posted - we will expect pictures of the munchkin in due course!

Mousexx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

congratulations! my baby will be 2 soon . i've had ed all my life really but i will tell u something does come over u when u realize u are growing a new person and the eating u do is for their health and development and how vulnerable they are how it's up to u. i know it's alot of pressure and it's totally backwards to someone with and eating disorder but what u need to know is ...u don't have to go crazy eating babies need a minimum of 200 extra calories on top of the 1200 a day u should eat. they need healthy things but cravings just go on and give into . they usually are your body telling u need something a vitamine or such. think of this as a wonderful time for u both and a reprive from the insanity and compulsion of ed. there's no better reason ever! it's a extreme crash course as opposed to how u probably have felt about ur eating in ur life but it's such an important time for u both. i'm really happy for u! enjoy this time fully and ur baby and try to thinkof nothingelse because it may seem like forever right now , it'll be gone so quick and u'll miss it! my baby is a toddler now , gonna be two in about a week and i still miss her in my tummy and her moving about. oh n make sure u take ur prenatal vitamins xxxxxxx best wishes and congrats again!

Thanks for all your replies!

I am now 5 months pregnant with a little boy and when I went for the scan he had a full tummy! He is just the right weight and everything.

I've been trying really hard for him to cut down on binging and eat healthy foods but I do fail sometimes.

Having him growing inside me makes me want to get up and have some breakfast so he can eat. I want him always to have a full tum x

Thanks for your lovely words and advice Jades x

aww bless u sweetheart! made me tear up a bit remembering those times and also mainly because ur doing so well and u are so motivated to completely change everything for him right off, i can see ur gonna be a great mum ! xxxxxx

Archived