Mental Health Forums

Icubaby Has Died

sundries

I'm just posting to let people know that Icubaby passed away on 1st April after a long battle with mental illness.

She was one of the best people I knew and I will miss her forever.

She qualified as a lawyer last year and recently became an aunt for the first time. She supported people both offline in legal aid roles and online with the many informed, passionate and supportive posts she wrote on here and other forums.

I cannot sum up in words the complex wonderful person she was. I hope that her death now has saved her from future suffering but I wish she was still here. I wish the doctors had been able to give her relief so that she could experience the happy things in life. I wish I could have made her feel better. I hope she knows how much I love her,

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god, no!

Never spoke to her directly but always seen her posts. She seemed such a nice person.

R.I.P icubaby xx

Poor ICU Baby, I hope she is at peace now.

I'm sorry you lost such a wonderful friend Sundries. She was a caring & passionate & lovely person, R.I.P.

I'm a bit in shock after reading this - Its odd how you get to know ppl from here,the stories of their lives, and to hear you will not hear from them again is very sad.

I hope all ICU Babys friends here are ok too, & you too Sundries, take care, i'm so sorry for your loss. xx

This site was a great support to her. I am sorry to bring you this news.

Her funeral will be on Thursday 12th April 4.30am uk time. She had just spent 6 days on ICU and was in the psychiatric hospital at the time of her death. Her last message to me was to say she would be ok.

Im not sure what to say......she was a regular well liked member and I am so sad to hear this.

My thoughts are with her family and friends who have to deal with this great loss.

That's very sad to hear :(. I didn't know her but I've often seen her posts.

(((sundries))) she sounds wonderful from what you've written about her - very sorry for your loss. xx

terribly saddened and shocked. A true advocate for people with MH problems, she was embattled against the system for their treatment of her, and was taking the hospital on knowing it was going to cause her short-term harm but wanted to do so because she wanted justice for herself and to encourage other people to not be screwed over by a messed up MH system.

deeply saddened, lovely person to talk to, and connect with. I will truly miss her.

I'm so saddened to hear this news. My heart goes out to you sundries and all who knew and loved her. Being so new here, I never had the good fortune to connect with her. May she be now resting in peace.x I'm so so sorry.

icubaby

I can't believe it, and don't really know what else to say. I did wonder where she'd been recently - her absence was and is felt.

Sundries - I'm so sorry you had to tell us this, but thank you for that.

Such a lovely individual, so bright, so caring.

I'm lost for words

Sorry to hear this, it is very sad news :(. I have spoken to icubaby a few times and remember her legal/medical-negligence struggle.

Oh no so shocked and so sad - such devastating news.

She hadn't been here for a while and I was hoping that was because she was doing better.

Sundries I am so sorry for your loss.

Icubaby may you rest in peace.

Awww that's just so saddening to hear.

A life cut short but at least she no longer has to deal with mental illness. Even though I did not have chance to know her I know she will be at peace now xxx

Crying reading this thread, I did not know her but I can tell she was a lovely person.

My sympathy's to sundries and her family.xxxxxx

R.I.P Icubaby

Edit: I just looked at a couple of her posts and gosh I did know and remember her :(

so sad so shocked. such an amazing person was such a good friend. happy fun person with so much to give. you will never be forgotten hun. hope your in a better place now. much love xxx

Archived