Mental Health Forums

Limitations

catsmother21

After such a great start to the year and feeling so motivated and getting on with life and planning things, I've not been so good for the last few weeks.

It's not like I was last year and I keep trying to tell myself that and look at the positive side of things that I am still managing to do but I find it so hard to accept my limitations when things begin to slip again. I know I need to slow down and look after myself even more when I am feeling like this and I know I need to give myself a break and lower the bar until I start to feel better again which I am pretty sure will happen but it is very frustrating waiting for that to happen.

I find myself thinking - what's the point? but deep down I know there is a point but I get flashes of feeling like I am just going to lose control. I don't think I will and I don't want to which is a huge difference from where I was last year.

I need to go out today to the vets to pick up Rosie's flea and worm prevention treatment, the post office and pick up my prescription so I'm hoping that doing so will give me a lift being out in the world again.

So, things are not really really bad - I'm just finding everything very hard work at the moment :(

I've just remembered that hubby and I had a 'fuck it day' the other day. We didn't get dressed and all day and did nothing but watch tv and then got a takeaway and I remember how nice it felt to give myself permission to take the day off but I know I can't do that every day because that won't help me in the long run.

Sometimes at times like these all that can be done is to take one step at a time, and just be with that step. Lots of gentleness to you.

Yes, Jasmine you're right. I think now is the time that I need to practice my mindfulness more and just try to stay in the moment instead of rushing ahead with things in my mind - thank you for reminding me about that :)

Sorry cats that you feel like this, I get like this too and I don't think there is anything wrong with a "Fuck it day" :) We often have them too.

Are post offices open on a bank holiday cats? ((((((cats))))))) xxxx

Thanks everyone :)

I've just checked the Post Office Counters website because I was wondering the same and no it's shut today boooo! So I'll have to go tomorrow morning but still have to go to the vets and chemist today - only trouble is I am still sat here in my dressing gown :( but there's still time to get myself going. Hubby is going into Leeds this afternoon so I think I might wait until then and get the bus with him - I'm not going in to Leeds just our local town centre but it's the same bus :)

Archived