Mental Health Forums

Its All Starting To Make Sense, I Think! :)

Ollieclews

So this last few days has been pretty crazy. Weds night got bladdered and ended up in A&E for my own protection, saw someone from the mental health liaison team and then crisis team and was then admitted onto the psych ward.

Yesterday I felt totally different and I spoke to the nurses about getting discharged and they were happy to discharge me but would rather it be done properly. So I saw the duty doctor who was very insightful and seemed happy to let me go but in case they have given me leave until Tuesday and have said I need to go in for 11am and they will definitely discharge me and my care will continue in the community.

I think I've now accepted that the only person who can get me better is me with the help and support I have available. I need to start using my family and friends more for support I have realised too. I need to work harder and ride through the rough patches to ensure recovery. I need to work hard and continue with daily things at home, access my social worker, rethink group and attend all of my appointments.

I know its going to be a long hard process but I know I can get though it. Its strange too as the doctor I saw has basically revoked my diagnosis and says I don't need a label plus he says looking through my notes that its clear to see I have no firm diagnosis as each doctor has always said differently.

So ive got lots of things planned im going to start doing more exercise, start my diet, start a little part time job and lots of other little bits.

Sorry for rambling on and I hope it kinda makes sense, it does in my head anyway and just needed to get it out of my system aha.

I hope your all ok!

Ollie

xxx

It's so great to hear you sounding and being so positive :D and all your plans are very positive too. I hope it all goes really well for you Ollie xx

Glad to see you have developed a positive outlook and have been thinking about ways in which you can help yourself recover.

Take one day at a time...take small steps and I hope this positive vibe in you continues xx

Thank you guys! It means alot to me :) And yes I do plan on taking it slowly day by day :)

And I just hope it enables me to help others more :D

Ollie

xx

Love this post, you have good insight which is a big advantage to breaking through mental illness. I hope you're positive spell stays

Go for it ollie - so glad you are feeling this way. One day at a time and the days will stack up xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived