Mental Health Forums

Ladylazurus27

buoyantcat

Ladylazurus, I just read your life story in the life story forum, and I wanted to know in what way you are a musician. What do you play? For how long? Just curious, because I am also a so called "musician".

hey, i've been playing for 13 years. i play guitar, bass, ukelele (sp?), piano, i'm ok at percussion. what do you play?

I've been playing the trumpet for 9 years. I love to play jazz and improvise. That is what I live for. I also play a little guitar. Do you like jazz?

i like jazz, i've just been getting into it slowly so i dunno that much about it. i love the lod 12 bar blues. like robert johnson, lightnin' hopkins, willie dixion, etc...that's what i live for ummmmhmmmm

I LOVE JAZZ!!!!!

I HAVE IT PROGRAMED TO PLAY WHILE MY CHILDREN DO SCHOOL AT HOME AND HAVE IT SET THRU MY AOL 'RADIO' SELECTION! LOVE IT!!!

Oh wow, RockChick! I didn't know you played an instrument! And, that is awesome, Lanie! Jazz is coolio. B) Listening to jazz, playing jazz, and especially imrpovising is my outlet. It is how I express myself. It's how I express my excitement, sadness, and happiness. It is like another language to me, and I love meeting other cool cats who speak the same language. I didn't know that there were other musicians on here. I thought it was only Anna (FairyTales) and me! Keep playing. And keep listening, Lanie... :)

yeah I totally Know what you mean by 'another language'. Playing my instruments and improvising is my outlet too.

See I'm more than just a Rock Chick :P

Alex

xxxx

I sing and I play piano and a little guitar. Improvisation is awesome indeed. That's why Eminem is teaching me how to rap. xDDDD

As i said, i'm just kind of getting into jazz. So does anyone want to recommend any jazz that i should check out?

Haha...of course...there's only maybe...thousands of records. Just kidding. I'll help ya out.

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out

John Coltrane - My Favorite Things

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Miles Davis Quintet - The Best of Miles Davis Quintet 1965-1968

Herbie Hancock - Head Hunters

Those are some of my favorites. All 5 of those are classic jazz albums. They are some of the most well known records, and "must haves" for new jazzers. Have fun! ...and let me know what you get! :)

Archived