Mental Health Forums

Whose Gonna Win The Grand National Saturday?

angelk01

ok thanks love and me yeah your right though i shouldnt be justifying myself

as it was meant as a question and answer thing.

thanks for understanding. :). xxx

Of course it wasnt your fault growly. it was just the thread was taken out of context

as people had opinions about the cruelty of racing so i understand as people

can be sensitive about a topic that is close to their hearts especially about animals. xxx

Meh... I feel a bit crap that this thread never fulfilled its purpose.

So here's a reasonable runner per runner guide

http://www.grand-national.com/grand-national-runners/

And if you prefer forming your own opinion, here's the racing post racecard. Click on the name of the horse to get a complete lifetime race record.

http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=546536&r_date=2012-04-14#raceTabs=sc_

Well I've just had my Mum over for tea and she's got Rare Bob in the sweepstakes at work so I'll be cheering him on :)

Thanks for the thread!!!

I've put £15 on shakalakaboomboom, some good performances throughout 12 months and fancy it for a good race tomorrow.

I've visited punchestown, racecourse and I used to think the sport was cruel and barbaric too, but having talked to knowledgeable people I know it's not.

No need to apologies for any opinion

me, mum and bro always go a quid in, highest place wins on the big horse races... we do similar stuff for other sporting events, family tradition i guess...

i always favour the grey horses, always used to pick greys when i went to watch racing at happy valley when i was in HK and have had reasonable success, it's as good a reason as any... although i read that only two greys have won the national since it started in 1839...

there are 4 greys running... i picked neptune collonges... no idea what odds or past history or whether it has a hope in heck chance either in the race or against the horses mum and bro have picked cos i cba looking at all that stuff...

Right, I've gone for Seabass - is that even how you spell it?! Female jockey, won a fair few races and I keep trying to eat more fish.

I think my reasons for choosing this horse are incredibly scientific and therefore it will obviously win.

Yeh right!!!

**fedup! fixes her imaginary fascinator, ensures the feathers are still stiff and pretends she isn't freezing in her fancy frock**

4.40 for the best bit!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5abYYX-irqE

there are 4 greys running... i picked neptune collonges... no idea what odds or past history or whether it has a hope in heck chance either in the race or against the horses mum and bro have picked cos i cba looking at all that stuff...

looks like i did a good thing :)

shame i didnt actually bet on it really - but i dont wanna start down that road! but i do get £2 from my family - that's enough for a couple of Kindle books...

well done you on your place - yayyyyyyy for both of us !

xxxxx

Well done Villan... I watched Neptune Collonges win at Wetherby in 2006 before he had even jumped a fence in Britain. Back then, I thought he was too classy for the Grand National and had it not been for the legends that are, Kauto Star and Denman would have won a Gold Cup.

But yeah... fuck :(

RIP Synchronised and According To Pete.

Why do they have fences at these races?

cos it is national hunt racing as opposed to flat racing...

Archived