Mental Health Forums

Just Back From Dbt Appt

Shadow girl

Just back from my last but one pre commitment appt and shaking like a leaf. I don't know if I can cope with this for a full year. All she did was look at how I was doing with my goals (I had failed quite badly) and explained some stuff about mindfulness which she reckons might help me stick to achieving my goals. I just went in on myself and sat and stared at the floor. It starts for real on 2nd may and if this is how it is already I don't know how I will cope, and at the same time I really have to make it work.

(((((hugs))))) - all of these treatment programmes seem to be tough. they do work though - dbt is the best things for many people with bpd. I have yet to get into that, but dealing with ptsd has been hard enough (3 years, 100 sessions and counting...)

I really really wish they would offer me dbt, but i'm not even through the first step of the gateway programme. I'm terrified they will refuse to take me onto the complex cases unit...

ive just had my second dbt session and its not half as bad as you think hun. as its a group thing there isnt the same pressure on you as there is one to one and its got some really useful things in it. would definitely advise to keep going xx

Thanks both of you.

Greenthing, you are right I am very lucky to have the opportunity to do dbt - that's one of the reasons I feel so much pressure not to screw it up. If I can't make this work then nothing will.

Pandora, I really appreciate your comment. I'm hoping I will be less terrified once I have started the group bit - though I don't think the one to one bit will get any easier. My therapist is nice but a bit scary! Please keep me posted with how its going, I'll be really interested.

Archived