Mental Health Forums

Sh Scars

AmyP

I dint post because i didnt see that this topic should be in this section and i still dont considered to be

yet as it n page 4 guess im in a minority so i will post

i never wear short sleeves i mine bad - yes does that mean i sufferring more - no

layer tops like a vest top under a shirt looks summery shirts in the summer are my beat friends

i look like a flaming freak show with them off im scared on both arms all over from my sholder to my wrists 15 cms long messy not good proud - no

i put it in general rather than something like personality disorder as its something that affects a lot of people, not just those with pd or depression etc. its not a result of me having a bad day and im not in crisis so that wasnt appropriate either. i would have put a trigger warning on but the title speaks for itself.

sorry yours are bad and that you suffer with them

I dont have a (diagnosed) pd but i still sh.

if this thread was in the pd forum i probably wouldnt have seen it. I dont go in that forum because i have even less idea what i'm talking about with pd than anything else. I think probably most people go in the general forum and like Pandora says the topic title makes it clear what its about

I suppose Pandora could have put it in safe place but then the non sponsors couldnt have contributed

I have scars and burn marks on my arms, legs and stomach. I always wear long sleeves so hot summer days are difficult (in that resect, but i do love summer more than winter). My scars are upraised from the skin (is that called keloid ?), and are ve obvious.

I tried using bio oil to try to reduce them but i stopped. Has it had any effect for anyone ?.

I've heard of people having plastic surgery for scars. How does this work ?, if a whole arm is scarred there can't be much they can do ?. Do they make you promise never to harm again ?.

a lot of mine are keloid too berenger. bio oil didnt do anything for me, have heard people having surgery type things but am not really sure how it works. think i heard of one thing were take that layer of skin off then put some kind of gauze thing on the flesh an the skin incorporates it and grows back over it, something like that anyway. needs funding tho an i guess youv gotta prove you wont do it again yeh

My scars are pretty obvious, I only cut on my arms as my fat legs aren't effective enough in dealing with the emotional pain... my cousin whenever I wear a short sleeved top (not on purpose I just forget that I need to cover up sometimes) she asked in a loud voice if I'd been attached... rather uncomfortable silence afterwards...

I've seen much worse than my own scars... I've stopped for a bit bit started again this last month... :-( after a year or maybe 1.5 years of being scar free and not having to worry about covering up, it's a real pain to have to think, right what's long sleeved that has been washed that I can wear... :-(

I ask people if I notice scars as an opening line incase they wanna talk :/ it's out of concern, but some people are just un understanding and nosey I agree :/ xx

mine arnt that bad i have shocked some by some of them but not really anything i class as bad lol most people are like wow that must have been deep

i new someone that had it done the put a ballon in her unscarred lower arm and inflated it over time they use the new skin to cover the damage

but i wonder to how much can they do

Archived