Mental Health Forums

Ed Thoughts Coming Back.

cw590

I've been ok for months and doing really well with my eating, so well that I put on half a stone!!

The ED thoughts have just recently started to creep their back in and I'm worried I will go back to how I was.

I've no idea what to do to stop it.

All i know is that I MUST loose that weight again to feel better about myself. And so the vicious circle begins. :'(

X

• 3 weeks later...

I am also struggling with eating disorder thoughts coming back in my life recently after a year of respite from the torture of my eating disorder. Over that year I still suffered very much with my body image and confidence. I am very sensitive to slight changes to my body weight/size, to the point that I won't leave the flat or have social contact because I was feeling fat.

I binged last night, however I fought not to make myself sick or take laxatives. I am determined not to have my eating disorder back. During the year that I was better, I never ate chocolate; recently I have started to eat chocolate again. I have also noticed that I have been a bit depressed lately.

You don't deserve an eating disorder, life is hard enough as it is.

I wish you all the best :masked: What a funky banana!

I know the thoughts are so persistent and damaging.

Try and think positive, you put on a stone and a half you have gotten over the difficult bit, you just need to stay focused.

Hope it works out ok for you x

Can you remember all the reasons why you wanted to stop it?

How misrable it was to have that ED?

Archived