Mental Health Forums

Paranoia

cw590

I've noticed recently that my paranoia is getting worse and it's preventing me from being able to go to my GP because I worry what they will say about me and think they will write bad things about me in my medical records.

I also worry that the Dr's who I have seen previously will have already written bad things about me in my notes so even if I see a new doctor they will just read what the other Dr's have written and then they will think the same.

My problems with paranoia were never discussed during my therapy sessions, just because focus was given to my other problems.

I've no idea how to deal with it or what I can do to reduce my paranoia.

Does anyone have any tips or advice.

I'm not sure how to get past it hun, but with regards them writing bad things on your notes, would it help if you requested a copy of your notes? x

Thats a good idea Manja! You have the right too see the information written about you and maybe it would put your mind at rest? And then after that maybe it would help you to build trust with you gp? :)

xxx

That's a very good idea!! I never even thought about doing this... I will look into how I can go about requesting a copy of my notes! Thankyou x

I can understand why you are worried Claire. its something that really worries me especially as the doctors computer screen is visible to my mum.

but in my experience doctors dont read other people notes. every time i see someone new they ask all the same questions, they dont seem to know anything about me at all.

I know that wont make the feelings go away, paranoia is a hard emotion to fight but i agree requesting a copy of your notes might reassure you xxx

Archived