Mental Health Forums

Just In Case Anyones Interested

lonelyheartemma

my social worker told me why i hadnt got a psychologist appt yet.

when i decided i didnt want drama therapy that meant i'd discharged myself from psychology

never mind that i said i wouldnt mind trying drama therapy again but i really want a psychologist

never mind that the cpn who asesed me said i needed a psychologist and a cpn

never mind that the drama therapist said he agreed drama therapy wasnt right for me but he thought seeing a psychologist was the obvious next step for me and that deciding not to have drama therapy did not mean i was saying no to any other kind of support. he also felt i should have a cpn

instead i have a social worker. no psychologist, no cpn, no explanation of why. not even any explanation of who my social worker was until i saw her for the 2nd time.

I suppose they are entitled to make this decision even tho me the cpn and the drama therapist all said something different.

but they still should have told me.

my social worker is going to have another go at getting me an appt with a psychologist but she doesnt seem to think theres much chance

I am on the housing list now which is a good thing but apart from that the whole cmht thing has been a complete waste of time

(((emma)))

I find the only way to get help is to insist over and over again. But what is the one thing we can't do when we're feeling low? Speak up for ourselves. We take whatever crap is thrown at us. The NHS is totally failing people with mh problems, especially complex cases.

I'm glad you're on the housing list. That's a start.

I agree emma - keep asking and calling and emailing and log all communication, including the name of the person you spoke to.

You are a feisty gal with a strong morals - you will get there in the end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CMHT are ridiculously poor at helping people with treatments around here too :( ...they are very good at sending out crisis teams and doing assessments...but treatments and helping people recover long term- I think CMHT are failing people with that.

Glad you are on the housing list- and I wish you good luck with that Emma and I hope it doesnt take them to long to find you a suitable home. I think the best way to get yourself a psychologist is to keep asking and expressing your interest in seeing a psychologist at any appointments you have with anyone with influence. xx

I hope that your social worker can help untangle this for you, and that you get the support that you want and need.

thank you for replying Growly Cat, greenthing, Esme, fedup, Debbie and Jasmine

Maybe if the mental health advocacy ever get back to me they can help

they said i was about to be assined to somoene but I havent heard anything from them for over a week, i need to email again. they are probably the best people to help, the OT is good but its not really her job, my social worker tends to back away from anything she doesnt feel she can deal with (which i can totally understand and relate to) and all my GP can do is write to ask whats going on, which she's done.

the housing list seems quite good, i can start registering my interest in houses straight away and whoever gets it is decided on the points they have, i have a good amount of points my OT says. some people will have more points than me but lots will have less points and some people with more points will be people with families who wont want a 1 person flat. so maybe it will happen quicker than 4 years. but i am kind of worried because what if theres always people with more points than me? I dont think length of time on the list counts for anything

It's a good idea to get in touch with the advocacy people again. I find that everything is a struggle to be heard, but you need support x

Yeah similar problem... passed onto the 'assessment centre' for an assessment on the phone... they decided CBT, gota wait 6 months (fat lota use that!!) and I think I need some sort of extra support, not the crap they're offering :-(

Hi apple Crumble, 6 months????? I thought 3-4 months was a long time to wait tho its taken me 9 months to find out i'm not on the waiting list anymore.

I wish i knew what to sugges, its a problem for so many people.

maybe you could try a mental health advocate? they havent done anything for me yet but they do seem nice people. I found them online. there are a few different ones and some people on here advised me not to use certain advocates (wish i could remember which ones) because they arent very good.

you could see a private therapist but they can be very expensive. the doctor can refer you for counselling but thats a limited number of sessions.

its like we put all our energy into asking for help but then we dont get it

Archived