Mental Health Forums

I Know I'm Subconsciously Doing It........

Pickle59

Why do I do this?

Looking for reasons not to belong?

I know I'm subconsciously doing it, beginning to think I don't fit, and thinking that other people here think I don't belong here either.

What is this all about?

Its f*******ing crazy!

I have found so much support here, and do identify and empathize with so many of the people here, in lots of the forums.

Why do I feel like this and do this?

Aaaaaaagh!

P.S its the ''I don't know why you do it,'' bit that I'm still chuckling about.x I know you understand my feelings and thank you for sharing this.xx

Hi Pickle :)

I get this feeling at times too that I don't fit in, You do fit in though I like reading your posts and replies and I find you very helpful and kind.xxx

Jasmine ............Will definitely think about this and thank you for coming back. ...................Ongoing thinkings B)

Greenthing..........Your comments have made me smile too.....................I will if you will.x :blink:

Growly Cat..........I love your Avatar and that makes me smile too always when I see it, all over and round and about here. Thank you for what you said here which helped me to break down the all or nothing side of me. It is only sometimes for me too of course, & this morning I had it bad, so thank you for helping me to get back into perspective. In those dark moody times I seem to lean towards the differences (which are few) and not the similarities (which are huge). :oink:

growly's right - here you do fit in... I like reading your posts too, and writing my comment made me feel better too, i'm glad it made you smile :) and yes, I will if you will :unsure::wacko::confused02::blink::rolleyes: ....... :hug2:

GrowlyCat............I really must try and focus, doing a lot of mistake making and then having to go back and correct! I meant your signature makes me smile always when I see it, but now too, you've changed your words on your Avatar to Don't Bite and love that too.x :bigeyed:

Swimmer, I have run out of positive thinking (whoops), I mean positive ticking, but I want to tick you and I can't so will you accept a huge :bigarmhug[1]: from me, till positives are restored.xxxx

I don't know why you do it, but I'm doing exactly the same. I have been thinking of posting for a day or so to check out 'I'm behaving' here and that I deserve to be here.

Wish I knew how to give a hug on this phone cos I want to give one if that's ok.

Oh Abster, youre making me chortle now. :lol: x Here are two hugs, one from me and one for you. I'd love to like too but I've run out for today. x Thanks for posting.xx :bigarmhug[1]: :bigarmhug[1]:xx

Snap... although I think it's because out in the 'real world' no one else is open about their feelings of despair and upset, suicidal feelings etc..... whereas on here we are, but we don't have that physical/unanonymous connection... whilst I feel (already) like there are people who understand some of the feelings/bits of bobs we can identify with each other... I think I still just want someone to cuddle me in the real world and be there for me... 'friends' would run away if I mentioned the feelings, my partner who, being my partner I thought surely if I can be myself and not hide behind this acting/fakeness, he finds it tough, blames himself (admittedly, when I'm feeling low, he does stupid stuff which makes it worse) and then just I don't know. He hasn't been through it, or at least not the depression part (sometimes anxiety)... and urgh :-( I just wish he'd understand, or do whatever it is that I want people to do to make me feel better... (even though I don't have a clue what that is, but I know it's not what he's doing at present... :-/ )

Pickle I dares yer to stick around and tell your subconscious to sod off!! You 'fit in' here, of course you do! So stay!

Go on....I dares yer....stay! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Totally understand.xx I can't like post at mo cos run out of positive ticks for the day. I could do with an understanding, knowing and loving regardless of, cuddle in real life too.x :hug2: . I have found these forums are one big comforting cuddle and for that I am truly grateful, OK, yes, cyber cuddles, but cuddles and love nonetheless, from real people. Well I hope they all be real.x :grouphug[1]:

Love it FedUp.xxx The first words I saw in your post were ''sod off''. I thought Oh no, Ive really upset someone. Then of course I read it fully and I love your post and thank you for saying what you said. I can't stop chuckling, chortling and now snorting.xx :oink:

It sounds like youre afraid of something? Could be loads of things;

- Afraid if you get attached youll get hurt/abandonned

-Thinking youre not good enough to get the attention

- Afraid of losing your own sense of self in the group

- Afraid being vulnerable opening up

- Belonging means seeing you have MH issues like the rest of us here maybe you wish that to not be true

Thats just a few ideas.

Archived