Mental Health Forums

Good Day :)

toaster

Today I met up with my old social worker, Val. She lives in New Zealand now :( and this was the first time I had seen her in about 3 years :o

Last time I seen her I was very unwell (mentally) and I was off my head on drugs and very underweight. I refused to let her into my flat because of the mess so we met in her car. It wasn't a good meeting really when I think back.

Today I made myself look nice, did my hair and make up AND I got to introduce my fiancée!

It was really nice to be so positive about life, probably for the first time with her. I wanted her to see how well I was doing rather than wanting her to worry about me and me appearing ill.

We (Pie and I) met Val in the Wirral where she gave me a HUGE hug. We then went on to the outlet village for a meal (diet went out the window with the cheesecake and wine :D).

Val really liked Pie and Pie really liked Val. It was important to me that they meet - Pie is my future and Val is a part of my past. Val is probably the closest thing I have to a mother.

It was sad leaving her again but I was able to be more happy about the meet than I was sad.

Today was a good day :) xx

Aaw that's brill that you had such a good meet up with Val, Toast!

- AND that you finally got to introduce your Fiancee to her :D

x

that does sound like a good meeting.

and youve helped me realise part of the reason why i'm scared of seeing people from my past. so thank you.

I hope youll get to see Val again at some point, it might not be possible with her living in new zealand but its always good spending time with nice people xxx

Archived