Mental Health Forums

New To Quetiapine!

*debz*

hi

i have just been prescribed quetiapine! 25mg for 2 nights then up to 50mg for two nights up to 100mg and thats it. I take 30mg mirtizapine at night as well. can you all tell me how you found your first doses of quetiapine, im feeling a bit anxious about taking them because of the drunk feeling and drowsiness i have been told about, will i get this on such a low dose??

any advice would be welcome

probably it takes time for your system to get used to them, on the other hand the feeling can be quite relaxing, i take them as well as anti- dep to help the ads work better,

hope they help x

I found Quetiapine to have a more sedative effect at lower doses than at higher ones - a quick google search will explain the science behind this phenomena much better than I could! Once I was up to 300mg daily - not a particularly large dose - there were no real noticeable sedative effects...

hey thanks for the replies.

guess i shall find out tonight? applecrumble the mirtazipine are one of the best anti-ds i have taken highly recommend them,. Hope they work just as

good for you. quetiapine is to help me sleep. dx

yeah it was great to start with, but been taking it for a long time now and it doesnt have that effect now. I have been suffering really bad with sleep paralysis and my anxiety increases in the evening so hoping that the quetiapine will help with that too. good luck with the mirt stick with them the side effects soon wear off

Should be getting them end of the week or start of the next, just stopped the trazodone a few days ago when I learnt I'd be getting the mirt... might as well save the spares and not waste them.

Hope the quetia works... x

how are you gettin on with this drug,, ive been on it for a while now at a high dose.. at first it will make u sleep.. hope you get on well with the drug xx

hi quiteemma

thanks for asking, im still sticking with the 25mg at the moment, thought i would do it slower than the doc said. that dose is helping me get to sleep but i dont stay asleep, so know i will need to go up to 50mgs and see how that goes. I have to drive early monday morning and thurs morning so dare not take one the night before. Its hard to figure out what to do. maybe i should just go higher and then i wont have the drowsiness so much, you sound like your on a high dose? how did you find it on the quit? dxx

Archived